Friendly cyclists

the playing mantis
the playing mantis Posts: 2,129
edited August 2013 in The cake stop
why should cyclists be considered friendly? i would assume they are as friendly as the rest of soceity.

yesterday evening i was walking the dog on a lane on the local common and a friendly young male teutonic teen cyclist giving his m8 a backy asked me if i had ze tobacco or a zigarette. i told him to f ck off,
should i have been friendly? if so how friendly?

Comments

• GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    why should cyclists be considered friendly? i would assume they are as friendly as the rest of soceity.

yesterday evening i was walking the dog on a lane on the local common and a friendly young male teutonic teen cyclist giving his m8 a backy asked me if i had ze tobacco or a zigarette. i told him to f ck off,
    I think you're confusing the debate about cyclists being friendly (or otherwise) with the debate about being propositioned by a male sex worker.
  • wtf! deepest essex is bad, but it aint thailand. the sex workers here are at least over 14!
  • GiantMike
    wtf! deepest essex is bad, but it aint thailand. the sex workers here are at least over 14!

My word. What a good working knowledge of ths subject you have!
  • should i have been friendly? if so how friendly?
    It's irrelevant in this context. At the time of the incident you were a bl**dy dog walker and therefore not governed by the unwritten law of being a nice and cuddly cyclist.
    Mangeur
  • GiantMike
    It's irrelevant in this context. At the time of the incident you were a bl**dy dog walker and therefore not governed by the unwritten law of being a nice and cuddly cyclist.

That's a point. Did you pick up the poop?
  • yes but he was a cyclist and i was a non cycling cyclist, as such i fully expect a handwringing thread on it in Rd Gen. from some teutonic lad, most likely spending this summer in england with his distant relatives, who was out for a bike ride and was not waved at and was told to f off, whilst not at all trying to scrounge fags despite him being clearly underage and me not being a smoker, and thus having his opinion of england and its cyclists ruined.
  • GiantMike wrote:

of course i am fully responsible. unless its private land, then if i can i will flick the offending items into the nearest ditch or hedge with a large stick, so long as consistency is being cooperative of course.
  • GiantMike wrote:

of course i am fully responsible. unless its private land, then if i can i will flick the offending items into the nearest ditch or hedge with a large stick, so long as consistency is being cooperative of course.
    Ah, the Theodore Roosevelt method - "Walk Sparky and carry a big stick".
    Mangeur
  • cesco
    cesco Posts: 252
    Ask google..

BRiw_QRCIAIf31S.png
  • You should have fustigated the pair of them with the sh1tty end of your large stick to highlight the dangers of smoking and speaking to strangers.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike wrote:

of course i am fully responsible. unless its private land....

If it's your private land you can do what you like. Do you not pick up poop on somebody else's private land?
  • "...then if i can, i flick..." well grauniaded on me there missing the rest of the quote!

i thought it would be assumed if i couldnt i would pick it up.

especially if it was my fields, i wouldnt want sh1t all over them.
  • GiantMike
    "...then if i can, i flick..." well grauniaded on me there missing the rest of the quote!

i thought it would be assumed if i couldnt i would pick it up.

especially if it was my fields, i wouldnt want sh1t all over them.

So, if it was on my land, and you could, you'd flick it into a ditch?

If so, that's my feckin' ditch! Not a dog's toilet. How dare you?? Littering as well as tresspass?
  • GiantMike wrote:
    If so, that's my feckin' ditch! Not a dog's toilet. How dare you?? Littering as well as tresspass?
    Nothing worse than unwanted plop in a mans ditch, especially if it's used for feckin'. Not sanitary at all.
    Mangeur
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    cesco wrote:
    Ask google..

BRiw_QRCIAIf31S.png

I had to laugh at that....people need to ask why cyclists are likely to be thin! Fark me some folk must have been raised in a dim-witted household or been asleep through school.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Stick it in a plastic bag and hang it in a tree like a Christmas decoration why don't you ...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,358
    Now playingmanits, if you were really unfriendly, you would have flicked the poo at the teutonic smoking cyclist and done a Fawlty towers/John Cleese sketch.
    Get on your bike and i'll be friendly to you but as you were a non-cycling cyclist dog walker you are a tit. :D

I hope the fecker just ploughs straight into you the next time your walking your dog because maybe the question about smokables was deeply metaphorical and was relating to sex. So I agree, the teutonic smoking cyclist was just vying for business and as we are in the EU, he has every right to.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • now im all for one for increased trade with our continental brethren and would welcome an agreement stating as such, im just not that partial to young boys, although i am partial to teutons in general, and as he was on a mtn bike, that really quashed any chances of business for him.