yeti asr 5 issues

supermike
supermike Posts: 33
edited August 2013 in MTB general
I love my asr5, but the rear end cracked on the dropout bonding a month or 2 ago and I have just noticed cracks on the new replacement one. Anyone else had to give up their asr5 because of this? I'm wondering whether to/if I can swap it for an alloy sb66 or something. I don't want my bike to spend it's life in the bike shop :( the new rear end hasn't even had the chance to get any decent rides in!

Comments

• ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    The rear end is carbon and Yetis are known for an inconsistent rear end

Although the ASR 5 is generally one of the strongest
  • Think it might have to go. Thinking of a banshee rune or ns soda air. Want something that stronger
  • ej2320
    The Rune is very good
  • Yeah test rode a rune the other day, it is looking quite likely. The importer wants to keep replacing my rear triangle each time it breaks but I am not getting much riding in!
    Bike has spent over a month in the bike shop now. :( Only had it 10 months (a lot less when it first broke) and the bike shop don't wanna help me out
  • ej2320
    supermike wrote:
    Yeah test rode a rune the other day, it is looking quite likely. The importer wants to keep replacing my rear triangle each time it breaks but I am not getting much riding in!
    Bike has spent over a month in the bike shop now. :( Only had it 10 months (a lot less when it first broke) and the bike shop don't wanna help me out

2014 bikes are out soon, new colours and internal dropper routing