Broken clutch lever on XT Shadow+ rear mech

williambowland
williambowland Posts: 131
edited August 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
I somehow managed to snap the plastic section of the clutch lever on an XT Shadow+ rear mech - my research into replacing the lever came up blank.

Does anyone know if it is possible to source and fit a replacement lever?
2014 Giant Anthem 27.5 1
2014 Specialized Roubaix SL4 Disc

Comments

• ring petra cycles up mate. They're your best bet. I had a quick skim through their spare parts lists, but not thorough so you may find it yourself if you look hard enough

http://www.petracycles.co.uk/shimano-spares-m-134.html?page=1&sort=1a&filter_id=320
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    this is the part no Y5Y198010 but have a look on shimano tech docs - m786 xt RD to be sure, a google search came up with a few sellers, all in the 'states.
  • Yeah - cheers.

None of those sellers have one in stock in any case. I will speak to a Shimano dealer such as Petra and see what they say!

I wonder if the lever metal on the XTR Shadow+ =] ?
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5 1
  • mister p
    mister p Posts: 405
    Madison part number is 5Y1 9801 and they have them in stock. So any decent LBS with a Madison account can order you one. They are a post free spare so they can order just that without making up a bigger order.

Mark @ Madison
  • That's great, thanks Mark!

Bah - looks like I'll have to wait for that XTR upgrade then =[ ...
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5 1
  • Just in case anyone has a similar problem in the future... part obtained by LBS (£2.99) and is reasonably easy to fit. Result.

Thanks again to Mark @ Madison for the shout.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5 1