Bontrager 29-3 and 29-2

manxshred
manxshred Posts: 295
edited August 2013 in MTB buying advice
I currently run a Schwalbe Rocket Ron 29 X 2.25 Front with a Maxxis Crossmark 29 X 2.1 rear on my Tallboy.
My riding is XC with lots of rocks around. I have sliced open a RoRo and Crossmark before, so I'm looking for something a bit more substantial, with good grip that rolls really well. I also like to have good grip on the front. I have tried a Crossmark on the front and hated it!

So, anyone with any experience with the Bontragers for XC use?

Comments

• Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    I've used the 29-3 Team Issue 2.3s on a demo Trek that I had for a few days (rode it round Gisburn and Stainburn - which is very rocky- with no punctures), and I've got the 26" XR3 Team Issues (2.35 front, 2.2 rear) on my Boardman (same tread pattern). I like them. Dual compound, seem grippy to me (not used them in the wet yet, only dry trails), but not draggy.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    My son has XR3 TIs and rates them highly. He's a much better rider than me as well.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    cooldad wrote:
    My son has XR3 TIs and rates them highly. He's a much better rider than me as well.

Very happy with mine, especially for £19.99 each.
  • I went with team issue xr4 , totally happy with handling braking and traction .