Dropper Seatpost

supergrass
supergrass Posts: 123
edited August 2013 in MTB buying advice
Im Looking for a dropper seatpost. Any Recommendations…

I would like a remote on the handle bars as I have the routing on the frame for the cable. The wife is moaning at my bike spends so cheaper the better, but don’t want to buy rubbish

thanks in advance

Comments

• punkatron1
    punkatron1 Posts: 134
    Avoid The xlc pro seatpost like the plague. Just sent mine back as no matter what I do it just doesn't work. Should have known better, but at £80 it was just too tempting.
    Too many bikes, not all fully built.
  • paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    On-One were doing a good deal on the Reverb last week, but they only had one size. They are probably the best you can get, hope they are the right size for your bike (not mine unfortunately :( )
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Reverb is the acknowledged winner, but you'll probably pay for it.

I picked up a brand new Giant contact switch dropper on ebay for £100, been very happy with it so far.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Have one of the KS post its been pretty well behaved would be most annoying to do with out it now.
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    Reverb, for me. Worth the extra money!
  • milko9000
    milko9000 Posts: 533
    Still liking my KS Lev better than my Reverb. Neater easier to use remote (integrating with the grip collar instead of trying to fit amongst brake and shifter mounts), neater cabling (goes into bottom of post instead of top). Both so far identical in performance but the Lev's one is easier to operate in the middle of a bouncy trail.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Can't fault either of my reverbs. Both have had their issues (though one was second hand) but the 2 year warranty is superb and I've had new or effectively posts back very quickly. Atm there is no completely reliable dropper out there, they all have their problems from time to time, but the Reverb is without doubt the best imo.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    my advice would be don't tell the wife and don't bother with a dropper post :lol:
  • ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    Reverb or KS

Look on the German and French sites, Im sure I saw a reverb going for £160 the other day
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    I got a Reverb for £200 posted the other day from bike-discount.de. Only took two days to arrive as well! I can't comment yet as I've not used it, but general consensus seems to be that the Reverb is still the best out there.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I bought a TMARS off ebay - basically a gravity dropper copy - its OK - not pretty, not too heavy, works well and seems designed to be pretty bombproof. Cost me £80 or something and not too aweful - sure money no object and frame that would take one I'd have gone reverb but given I needed a 27.2mm post it was a toss up between this, the one its based on and a HiLo - happy enough with my choice and spent the spare cash on a couple of new tyres.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TMARS-2013-MODEL-419D-PRO-REMOTE-DROPPER-30-9-mm-SEATPOST-3-HEIGHTS-/281151023682?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item4175e82a42
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • punkatron1
    punkatron1 Posts: 134
    I bought a TMARS off ebay - basically a gravity dropper copy - its OK - not pretty, not too heavy, works well and seems designed to be pretty bombproof. Cost me £80 or something and not too aweful - sure money no object and frame that would take one I'd have gone reverb but given I needed a 27.2mm post it was a toss up between this, the one its based on and a HiLo - happy enough with my choice and spent the spare cash on a couple of new tyres.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TMARS-2013-MODEL-419D-PRO-REMOTE-DROPPER-30-9-mm-SEATPOST-3-HEIGHTS-/281151023682?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item4175e82a42

Just bought one of these for £55 from ebay - Mr Ride was the seller. Waiting for it to be delivered.
    Too many bikes, not all fully built.