Looking for regular ride buddy to get fit / improve / etc

FatBlokeLondon
FatBlokeLondon Posts: 14
edited August 2013 in MTB rides
Ok, so I am wondering if there is any-one out there in the Hornchurch/Romford (Essex) area who, like me is looking to get out there and ride to get fit and explore around here?
I am 50, overweight, and just got a new mountain bike, and have started to ride around Pages woods, and working my way towards Thorndon/Warley.
Also got Hornchurch country park to play out in, amongst others.
I think it would be great if there is anyone else in a similar position who would like to meet up as a regular thing, once or twice a week to start with, so we can get fit, (plus in my case, lose some weight!) and improve our cycling technique.
I'm slow, unfit, so I don't need some-one who will just leave me in their dust, I'm looking for some-one in the same boat as me !!
I work nights, so can ride pretty much any days after say midday to around 5ish in the evening, and anytime on weekends.
Obviously, I realise I am an old codger, and wouldn't like to limit my search to people of my age group, as that might be a bit too limiting, so any age would be good.
If enough people are interested we could have a little group of unfit riders who can all improve together .
Could be a great way of getting out there and getting fit.
Finally, believe me when I say I am new to this, I am at the very beginning of my getting fit journey, so it would be cool to take some steps with another like minded (and bodied) individual !

If any-one is interested, post on this thread, or PM me, or whatever works best for you.
Cheers,
Gary.