Sub £150 bike for wife?

jamesbrand
jamesbrand Posts: 10
edited August 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi looking for a cheap bike for my wife to use for the weekends, only going on flat roads and around the park withthe kids, any ideas as newbie's here?

Comments

• larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,485
    Depends if you want to buy new or not. Would question why you are posting in the MTB section though if you are wanting a bike for the wife who will just ride on roads and round parks.

Decathlon would be a decent bet for reasonable quality lower end bikes - look in their "City & Commuting" or "Hybrid and Touring" sections for some of the range, or visit the store.

But really, at that sort of price for the sort of thing you are after, its probably difficult to make a recommendation that will actually benefit you - all bikes have two wheels, handle bars and brakes, and they are likely to work sufficiently well for your wife's purposes on just about anything you buy in reality, despite what some bike snobs might say. They won't be "good", but they'll be "OK".

Matt
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    edited August 2013
    Don't buy a cheap full suspension for a start.

You can get a bike from decathlon as said above for cheap.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    jamesbrand wrote:
    Sub £150 bike for wife?
    Pics of wife? I have some sub £150 bikes...... :D

I'd look second hand, you can pick up a reasonable Carrera Subway for that budget, rock solid, reasonable spec and lighter than most things new at that price.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.