pinno
pinno Posts: 52,090
edited August 2013 in The bottom bracket
...got little ding-a-lings?
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    Most of them are of the female persuasion aren't they....?

So the answer is ....... YES!
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Generally they are all a bunch of twatts though ..........
  • no , but they have aspiratons and delusions of a life that is not theres. they are townies, and always will be. however much barbor, tweed, hunters, 4x4s, agas, 2nd homes, they purchsase they will never be bonafide, 6 fingered, oo ahh country folk.
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    4-Wheel drive/SUV/Cheslea Tractors (whatever you wish to call them) are a classic example of the power of the advertising/media industry. No one, apart from Farmers/Estate Managers/Off-roaders etc genuinely 'needs' one surely? However, we've been sold this 'image' of the 4 x 4 as the 'discerning choice' of the 'active generation'. If we owned the car that reflected our actual daily usage, many of us would be driving around in Fiat Pandas.

I'd have the 4x4 version though - its wicked!
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • I drive a C1. Obviously I have a HUGE ding-a-ling. :twisted:

So why does my mates wife say it's a girls car? :evil:
  • CrunchyToes
    CrunchyToes Posts: 2
    edited February 2016
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    no , but they have aspiratons and delusions of a life that is not theres. they are townies, and always will be. however much barbor, tweed, hunters, 4x4s, agas, 2nd homes, they purchsase they will never be bonafide, 6 fingered, oo ahh country folk.

You have ABSOLUTELY no idea just how right that is !
    Living MY dream.
  • VmanF3
    VmanF3 Posts: 240
    I don't own a tractor.

I don't own 'off road' anything, even shoes with a chunky grip.

I have a huge schlong.
    Big Red, Blue, Pete, Bill & Doug
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    I own an 11.5 year old (bought new) Lexus RX300 4x4...and a Spartan kit car with a massively long bonnet. Guess I'm a little confused whether I even have a didgerydoo.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • VTech wrote:
    no , but they have aspiratons and delusions of a life that is not theres. they are townies, and always will be. however much barbor, tweed, hunters, 4x4s, agas, 2nd homes, they purchsase they will never be bonafide, 6 fingered, oo ahh country folk.

You have ABSOLUTELY no idea just how right that is !

i know. i see it everyday. the wanton desire for you to be one of us carrot crunchers is almost painful to behold. if you buy a farm, and keep 5 labs and a couple of spaniels (1 cocker, 1 sprniger ideally), then maybe you can get away with being a gentleman farmer and squire type and thats the nearest and best thing you can hope for im afraid. m'lord.
  • VTech
    A few years ago I was driving home from work and got caught in the rain, I was listening to the radio and there was a guy talking about the crazyness of english people and buying homes.

He was an indian fella and said something along the lines of:

The average englishman will buy a house he can hardly afford and then live the next 25 years struggling to pay for it.

The average asian will buy 3 cheaper houses, rent 2 out and live in one and let the rental pay for all 3 then in 25 years sell them and live off the investment.

Now how true overall that is I dont know but the idea stuck with me.
    Not so much that I didnt buy a house that I could hardly afford and worry about paying for it for the rest of my working life though :D
    Living MY dream.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    VTech wrote:
    A few years ago I was driving home from work and got caught in the rain, I was listening to the radio and there was a guy talking about the crazyness of english people and buying homes.

He was an indian fella and said something along the lines of:

The average englishman will buy a house he can hardly afford and then live the next 25 years struggling to pay for it.

The average asian will buy 3 cheaper houses, rent 2 out and live in one and let the rental pay for all 3 then in 25 years sell them and live off the investment.

Now how true overall that is I dont know but the idea stuck with me.
    Not so much that I didnt buy a house that I could hardly afford and worry about paying for it for the rest of my working life though :D

Good if you buy as an investment and can guarantee living for the next 25 years.
    I prefer to buy a home and live as comfortably as possible.
  • You're all forgetting of course that Katy/Abigail/Charlotte need a safe way to transport Joshua/Tarquin/Maximillian to their private school so what better way than a Range Rover or Cayenne ? It also makes life easier when they have to carry their tack to the stables.....
    A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it

Canyon Aeroad 7.0 summer missile
    Trek 2.1 winter hack
  • feltkuota
    feltkuota Posts: 333
    You're all forgetting of course that Katy/Abigail/Charlotte need a safe way to transport Joshua/Tarquin/Maximillian to their private school so what better way than a Range Rover or Cayenne ? It also makes life easier when they have to carry their tack to the stables.....

Either the above is supportive of said people, in their choice of vehicle, or you're being sarcastic and therefore not supportive. I would say that's open to interpretation..

Can't see an issue in how people choose to legally spend their cash
  • VmanF3
    True enough, folk can spend their money on whatever they choose, however when that slots them into a stereotype it does seem a rather odd choice. Like people buying Burberry scarves, gold medallions, 'toy' dogs etc., it all fits you to a 'type'.

If the car park at the local private school looks like a Range Rover showroom, you can pretty much bet your life that for every truck, there will be an range cooker, hunter wellies, Laura Ashley furniture and a Roberts radio perma-tuned to Radio 4.

Some people slot into that effortlessly and look and behave just fine, others that try to 'buy' into that often get it horribly wrong, doing what they believe is right to fit into that 'set'. See 'Del Boy Trotter' for an example. He would buy the fully loaded RR.

Style and class, you either have it or you don't, doesn't matter how much money is in the bank or in the mattress.
  • feltkuota
    VmanF3 wrote:
    True enough, folk can spend their money on whatever they choose, however when that slots them into a stereotype it does seem a rather odd choice. Like people buying Burberry scarves, gold medallions, 'toy' dogs etc., it all fits you to a 'type'.

If the car park at the local private school looks like a Range Rover showroom, you can pretty much bet your life that for every truck, there will be an range cooker, hunter wellies, Laura Ashley furniture and a Roberts radio perma-tuned to Radio 4.

Some people slot into that effortlessly and look and behave just fine, others that try to 'buy' into that often get it horribly wrong, doing what they believe is right to fit into that 'set'. See 'Del Boy Trotter' for an example. He would buy the fully loaded RR.

Style and class, you either have it or you don't, doesn't matter how much money is in the bank or in the mattress.

I do like a good stereotype...So, all cyclists RLJ and the male of the species are all MAMIL's.
  • VmanF3
    feltkuota wrote:

I do like a good stereotype...So, all cyclists RLJ and the male of the species are all MAMIL's.

If the Burberry cap fits..... :wink:
  • feltkuota
    VmanF3 wrote:
    feltkuota wrote:

If the Burberry cap fits..... :wink:

:D
  • VTech
    @VmanF3, how do you define someone who for example suddenly gets a decent job or pay rise and decides to buy a range rover and take their kids to a private school ?
    Living MY dream.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    VTech wrote:
    @VmanF3, how do you define someone who for example suddenly gets a decent job or pay rise and decides to buy a range rover and take their kids to a private school ?

A fool and his money are soon parted? :lol:
  • pinno
    VTech wrote:

You don't have to buy a Range Rover if you come into a little money and you can send the kids to private school by bicycle.
  • VmanF3
    VTech wrote:

New money, terrible type. Smell them at 100 yards. :wink:
  • pinno
    VmanF3 wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Yep and they have absolutely no class, no taste, no manners, no respect and think they own the road and can buy anything including status and friends.
    They decorate their houses Council flat style with huge gawdy ornaments and kak. Their houses are bereft of books. They still read the Scum or the Heil or 'Take a break' and they are loud obnoxious, in-yer-face 'I am I am I am' cretins. They spend their holidays in Benidooooorm and wear trackies all year round.

Shoot them I say.
  • VTech
    VmanF3 wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Yep and they have absolutely no class, no taste, no manners, no respect and think they own the road and can buy anything including status and friends.
    They decorate their houses Council flat style with huge gawdy ornaments and kak. Their houses are bereft of books. They still read the Scum or the Heil or 'Take a break' and they are loud obnoxious, in-yer-face 'I am I am I am' cretins. They spend their holidays in Benidooooorm and wear trackies all year round.

Shoot them I say.

Wow :mrgreen:
    Living MY dream.
  • this will be in the next manifesto.

you also forgot to add that they are orange.