Compressor air flow rate for tubeless?

neil_uk
neil_uk Posts: 289
edited August 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
I'm getting tired of driving to the garage to blast my tubeless tyres onto the rims and so I've decided to invest in an small air compressor.

There's a few on eBay around the 60-90 quid mark, but I'm confused as to what output I'd need?

Most of them have a 24L air tank and blast out an air flow rate of around 20L per minute - is this fast enough to seat a tyre?

I've also found some with a smaller 6L air tank that claim an air flow rate of 100+L per minute - would this be more suitable?

Apart from the addition of a little spray painting, I don't see myself using the compressor for many other things, so I don't want to spend a fortune on it.

Any advice would be appreciated - thanks guys!

Neil

Comments

• Go for the biggest tank that you can afford as with a small tank if you wanted to do any spraying you be stopping and starting as to refill the tank all the time. I don't need to use a compressor to pump my tubeless tires up just use a track pump.
  • Barteos
    Barteos Posts: 657
    If you have a 2l. soft drink bottle, two old presta valves and a bit of flexible tubing you can make your own in 5-10min.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic ... al-cost-9p

It really works 8)