Posting a frame

bwstokie
bwstokie Posts: 115
edited August 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi all

Got a frame for sale that finishes tomorrow night and was wondering (yes I know I should have thought of this earlier) who people usually use and likely cost to post the frame to a uk address. Fully packaged frame is less that 10kg in weight and I have put my postage cost on my auction as £25 as I was hoping this will cover it.

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• john2002
    john2002 Posts: 158
    google search retuned this http://www.paisleyfreight.com/bike-delivery.php £21.50 ive not used them before
    GT Avalanche 1.0 Disc 2011, Fixie, frankenbike
  • Have always got good deals from https://www.interparcel.com/ even managed to send a gun cabinet weighing about 30kg for just under £20 a little while ago.
  • bwstokie
    bwstokie Posts: 115
    Inter Parcel looks promising, many thanks!
  • chaymck
    chaymck Posts: 157
    I've used direct courier solutions- very happy.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Royal mail, 48 hour tracked, about £13, sent loads and never had a problem.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Parcel monkey.

I've got a frame being collected tomorrow, delivered to Scotland on Tuesday, £14 insured. Boxed and padded it does only weigh 5kg though.
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    The Rookie wrote:
    Royal mail, 48 hour tracked, about £13, sent loads and never had a problem.

This, although I've only ever sent one.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    ste_t wrote:
    Parcel monkey.

I've got a frame being collected tomorrow, delivered to Scotland on Tuesday, £14 insured. Boxed and padded it does only weigh 5kg though.

Another vote for Parcel Monkey here. I sent my shock absorber to Germany via Parcel Monkey. It was a Parcelforce delivery, but booked through the Monkey. Booked on their website late at night, collected by Parcelforce at 9.00am the next morning and delivered in Germany within 48 hours, for half the cost of booking the identical service through Parcelforce themselves.