Planet X Fizik R1

schofie
schofie Posts: 280
edited August 2013 in The cake stop
They've got these for sale for £120. Serious bargain if you're in the market for some high end shoes
Everything you see on TV reflects, accentuates and perpetuates the worst of the human ego. Watch the news tonight and see the separation, persecution and retribution rained down on our fellow man. We're all mad

Comments

• declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Got mine for £150 off Wiggle. The new ones don't look very good - there's only a bit of leather and tons of mesh. The old ones that I've got are full kangaroo leather and awesome! Love them.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    declan1 wrote:
    Got mine for £150 off Wiggle. The new ones don't look very good - there's only a bit of leather and tons of mesh. The old ones that I've got are full kangaroo leather and awesome! Love them.

Does that help you do bunny hops?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • declan1
    declan1 wrote:

Does that help you do bunny hops?

It does indeed.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

• jus71n
    jus71n Posts: 138
    Been looking for some new "best" shoes....... tempting :)

Bagged a pair in white, I'll tell the wife later lmao
    S-Works Tarmac Disc Di2 2017 :shock:

Felt AR3 Di2 :) (6870 11spd upgrade) 2012 - Now gone.

Cannondale Synapse Carbon Disc Ultegra 2016
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Have the R3 and plumped for the R1 in blacks as i was about to buy R5 for £15 more!
  • jus71n
    jus71n Posts: 138
    Ordered a size 8, arrived & their a bit tight..... was gonna go for 42.5 but outta stock

BUMMER.
    S-Works Tarmac Disc Di2 2017 :shock:

Felt AR3 Di2 :) (6870 11spd upgrade) 2012 - Now gone.

Cannondale Synapse Carbon Disc Ultegra 2016
  • Gazzaputt
    Got a 41 as in the R3 I have and they're perfect!

What a steal they are at these prices.

Make SIDI look 2nd rate.
  • schofie
    schofie Posts: 280
    They have 42.5 in black but not white. Why don't you go for the black?
    Everything you see on TV reflects, accentuates and perpetuates the worst of the human ego. Watch the news tonight and see the separation, persecution and retribution rained down on our fellow man. We're all mad
  • declan1
    I went half a size down on my normal everyday shoe size and they fit perfectly.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Got a 41 as in the R3 I have and they're perfect!

What a steal they are at these prices.

Make SIDI look 2nd rate.

What - you think that handmade leather is classier than Power Ranger plastic? Wash your mouth out! :lol:
    Schofie wrote:
    They have 42.5 in black but not white. Why don't you go for the black?

I have the black and they look smart. TBH, the white ones are spoiled by having white heels and toes which will show scuffs easily. For white, the R3s are much better for the black heels and toes (so I have a pair of those as well!).

If you can't find your size in one shop, it is worth looking around all the usual contenders. I think they are all getting stocks of the old shoes in turn and selling them at similar prices. At least Wiggle, Ribble and PX and one other I forget have had them cheap so far. Probably more will as well.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Gazzaputt
    Agree the black is smart but have had to invest in black socks as they look awful with white.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Would they make me faster?

On a serious note, I'm off to Italy next year and I'm dreading having to be immaculately presented whenever I cycle.
  • Gazzaputt
    GiantMike wrote:
    Would they make me faster?

On a serious note, I'm off to Italy next year and I'm dreading having to be immaculately presented whenever I cycle.

The Italians are the masters at looking good on a bike they are what we should all aspire to.

Any Grand Fondo you can always spot the Brit by a mile.

'Bella in sella'. :lol: