Weekend Morning Thread Volume II

angry_bird
angry_bird Posts: 3,786
edited August 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning bumders

It's Sunday, CBA with sleeping in. Today is tennis and road bikes plus whatever else happens.

TTFN

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Morning

Great day yesterday, cycled down to coventry air ambulance for some photos for my end to end ride - amazing work they do there. Total mile for the day was 125 so pleased, then meet jess varnish and Liam ? (bmx world champ) and went to a fund raising party for the other guy doing the ride. As I was driving I was clank+1, ie, had one pint of peroni.

today is the joys of the Trafford centre and the Lego discovery centre - all because the wife was H'd and broke her jimmy poos shoes. Right onwards to more tea whilst I wait for either the wife or au-pair to make me a cooked breakfast

Already Started badly as beaten to the morning thread!
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning,

Work til 4 then leaving drinks for chief minion tonight where I'll be getting suitably Clank'd as I have more important things to do tomorrow than be hung over.

Later
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    Morning...

Early morning today, woke up to beat the early birds coming for the figs in my garden. Is alot of fun. Im on 4 starlings so far. :D Later on ill be trying to sort out the bike and hopefully get my first ride, then ill be going out with mates on a bike ride, hopefully on the Chucker!
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Morning...

Early morning today, woke up to beat the early birds coming for the figs in my garden. Is alot of fun. Im on 4 starlings so far. :D Later on ill be trying to sort out the bike and hopefully get my first ride, then ill be going out with mates on a bike ride, hopefully on the Chucker!

who the fark are you? and how is your mum?

Tent and trailer test carried out, just got to pack it all up and drive home sometime today! And joy of joys i'm off tomorrow as well! Four day week tastic!

toodles!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    bg13 wrote:
    your mum

I'd smash that
  • Morning Losers!

Typical Sunday services resumed for me, so pretty boring really.

Roll on Friday where I can have another lie in!

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    ste_t wrote:
    bg13 wrote:
    your mum

I'd smash that

That's not really a complement, it's a rather small list of things you wouldn't smash
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    bg13 wrote:
    how the fark are you? and how is your mum?

Not too bad mate, thanks, yourself?

My mum is also alright, thanks for asking.

:lol:
  • Well, that was enlightening.

I think I may have just realized I'm now full-roadie!

Wasn't feeling that ride at all today. The added bonus of snapping a spoke on the most sedate bit of uphill track around has acted as a sign. As such, the Reed is now up on the classifieds.

It's a shame in a way, but the poor thing has been used twice this year, and not used properly. There is nothing worse than an underused bicycle...... Apart from rape, that's pretty bad tbf.

Funds from selling this may well go towards some sort of XC race rocket, or maybe just another roadie of some kind. Dunno yet.
  • You dissapoint me, sir. You need more time on the mainland to get the most out of off-roadness!

Though snapping a spoke on an uphill section? Rad to the gnar there, my friend!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro