Comfy saddles?

RidingSeed
RidingSeed Posts: 33
edited August 2013 in MTB general
Recently I've been experiencing some trouble with my manhood after longer rides. I've had my saddle since I can remember and have never felt anything until now. Could something have happened to it? :-s It's been really uncomfortable for my butt cheeks lately so I thought about changing it. Had a look over the internet and I've found a few that attract me in matters of looks, but I don't know how good they are so I thought I should ask.

Here's the list
    - Fizik Vitesse Wing Flex
    - WTB Valcon Team Carbon
    - Velo Plush Aero Series
    - Carver VL-2071 Mountain

If any of you own these, tell me how they feel on the long run. Open to suggestions - price isn't really a factor as long as it's not sky high.

Comments

• Fizik gobi wingflex ......... brilliant and well reviewed . Most of the time don't even bother with padded liner iused to have. ( the vitesse is a women's specific design ......something you aren't telling us about your manhood ?
    • warpcow
      warpcow Posts: 1,448
      Find an LBS that does test saddles. Fizik, SDG and Specialized do them and probably a bunch of others. No one telling you how a saddle feels long-term will be able to tell you anything about how it would work for you.
    • rockmonkeysc
      rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
      What's mega comfy for one person is like a torture device for someone else.
    • bails87
      bails87 Posts: 12,998
      I had a Gobi, used it for several years but i tried a friends Madison Flux and realised that it was actually a bit narrow for me. I've now got a flux (apprently similar to the Charge Spoon, but I didn't like that) and am very happy with it.

But it's all personal taste. Try the saddle swap shop in the classifieds to try some out on the cheap.
      MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
    • Kowalski675
      Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
      I have a Flux too, Found it v comfortable on shorter rides and round trail centres (where you're stood up more), but been doing some longer (for me) rides locally this week, with more time sat down, and after a 21 miler I was a bit saddle sore. It's still a sofa compared to the OE saddle though.
    • Thewaylander
      Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
      also spend a bit of time get the saddle position right, have it a bit to nose or tail high can turn a comfy saddle into a medievil torture device.
    • brucie45
      brucie45 Posts: 279
      I have recenlty changed my saddle from a shite Commencal standard one to a Madison Flux, the standard one was like a plank of wood. I have spent 20hrs riding with the flux and no saddle sore as yet, found it very comfortable when set up right. Can be had for £20 also.
      Commencal Ramones Cromo 13 - viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12926938
    • Kowalski675
      Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
      To be fair, most folk have more inbuilt padding than I do, lol.
    • +1 for fizik gobi :)
    • ( the vitesse is a women's specific design ......something you aren't telling us about your manhood ?

Well...that's embarrassing :oops:

There is a LBS that does test saddles. I'll check if they have the Fizik Gobi and keep you posted.
    • Take a look at fizik website too, divides up into anatomy types racing snake , lounge lizard and fat bastard etc
    • Jay76
      Jay76 Posts: 58
      Italia L2 and if you want cheaper, FUNN with the rear cut out for gooch clearance. real comfy. You need comfort when you have a Stiffee
      **2011 Cove Stiffee**