Boardman Team or Pro HT ?

davedave28
davedave28 Posts: 7
edited August 2013 in MTB buying advice
I made an order for a Team HT last week and it got lost by nightfreight lol.
I can get the pro version for 120 pounds more but should I bother.
It has reba shock instead of recon, X9 instead of X7 and elixir R instead of Elixir 3. They also say it has a ultralight X9 aluminium frame but the weight of the bike is almost identical to the team which is odd because I thought the rebas were 1/2 a KG lighter anyway.

Comments

• I would go for it , however I would be tempted to say just £ 100 more if they caused you inconvenience. Fork and brakes are quite a lot better. Which ever you get you will probably want to change saddle , grips and tyres , the mountain king although continental are budget wire bead ones I found they had very little grip. Saddle is a personal thing but I found it uncomfortable and white grips are daft and quite plastic feeling.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Which ever you get you will probably want to change saddle , grips and tyres , the mountain king although continental are budget wire bead ones I found they had very little grip. Saddle is a personal thing but I found it uncomfortable and white grips are daft and quite plastic feeling.

I changed all those bits on my Team FS before I'd even ridden it. The white saddle and grips made it look like an Essex slapper in white stilettos, lol, and the saddle felt like a brick.
  • Exactly
  • i have the pro,cracking bike.the only upgrade i made was to swap the wire mountain kings for mountain king race sport foldable . can live with grips and saddle for now but probably change in future.