2014 voodoo hoodoo

Acidhouse
Acidhouse Posts: 19
edited June 2014 in MTB buying advice
So iv read all over the internet that this bike was the best or so i thought until after i ordered it and realised they have changed the fork from the Suntour Raidon X1 Air suspension fork to the Suntour Raidon X3 Coil Suspension fork without the handlebar lockout that the previous model has.

My bike is ready to pick up on Sunday but i don't know if i want it now? :?

My question is the new fork up to the job or is it going to be a huge disappointment?

I have been searching for a long time now but can't find a review of this newer model?

It still seems like a good bike but now i feel like im settling for less bang for my buck and this is clearly why they are called halfrauds. :lol:

Thank you in advance for any help. :D

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Still one of the best bikes for the money, the fork is not as adjustable, buit is smoother.
  • supersonic wrote:
    Still one of the best bikes for the money, the fork is not as adjustable, buit is smoother.

well I am an average weight for my height so i hope it all works well, It's going to be a massive upgrade from my 4 year old Carrera vengeance anyway, am prayin the weather holds out so i can give it some and try it out properly. :lol:
  • anj132
    anj132 Posts: 299
    Lockout is overrated anyway, not missing it since the switch broke.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    I've used lockout twice, once was when the fork seals blew and I needed to get home, the other was riding down the road. Honestly wouldn't bother again unless I was sprinting for a finish line, which is unlikely.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Woodmonkey
    Woodmonkey Posts: 412
    The remote lockout is a nice gimmick, but it wouldn't influence my choice of bike
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • punkatron1
    punkatron1 Posts: 134
    I use lockout all of the time, either on the road or more often when climbing. It wouldn't stop me from buying this bike though.
    Too many bikes, not all fully built.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    My new bizango has a raidon fork, and I can honestly say I'm pretty impressed with it for a budget air fork. I do tend to use the lock out a bit and its easy enough to reach down to the fork leg.

Anyone I know with remote lock out tend to break the levers eventually anyway.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Acidhouse
    Acidhouse Posts: 19
    I bought the 2014 bike and love it.

I have replaced most of bike i do ride it hard have covered to many many miles
    Upgraded to deore for my gearing have found this to have been my best and favourite upgrade.
    bought a c-guide makes a world of difference for smashing down the trails hard and fast.
    new wide dmr wheels i bent the original back wheel - BIG AIR to blame :lol:
    rear disc was replaced but a large rock is to blame for that one
    Pimped with red mowa bolts wherever i can

replaced pedals and grips the original ones just did their job and no more, dmr v8 are awesome had them on my last bike and would recommend to anyone.

Keep it clean and oiled and this bike could keep anyone happy.. :lol::lol::lol: