whyte G150, give me some comfort

ivar67
ivar67 Posts: 2
edited August 2013 in MTB general
Hi Guys!
I preordered a Whyte G150 works and thought that by now there were going to be some "first looks" out there that would have given me some comfort in my daring/stupid? decision to buy a bike for 4000 without first seeing it, but no. It has been very quiet out there. Any other G150 preorders out there feeling the same?
Specs and geometry looks good, but will that make it the ride I am hoping for?

Comments

• lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    I haven't ridden one but considering it looks like a longer travel 650b version of the t129 I would think it should be a good bike. I rode the t129 and the geometry and ride position felt great but it was let down by the components. The g150 works with its Fix factory fork and shock and top end kit should make it a great bike. Personally hoped they'd do it in carbon, having ridden carbon bikes or the last few years I'm reluctant to go back to aluminium
  • ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    ivar67 wrote:
    Hi Guys!
    I preordered a Whyte G150 works and thought that by now there were going to be some "first looks" out there that would have given me some comfort in my daring/stupid? decision to buy a bike for 4000 without first seeing it, but no. It has been very quiet out there. Any other G150 preorders out there feeling the same?
    Specs and geometry looks good, but will that make it the ride I am hoping for?

Like Lawman said, it's everything you could hope for in a 150mm bike with the exception of carbon