Crank Set for Single Speed

Motley13
Motley13 Posts: 89
edited August 2013 in MTB buying advice
Currently im building up a On-One Inbred singlespeed out of new and old parts but one thing i am stuck on is the cranks. The only old one i have are worn to hell and and unusable so i need a new set of cranks soo does anyone know of a decent set of single speed cranks with 38 or more teeth one??

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Any crankset fitted with a 38T SS chainring......square taper, octalink, isis, powerspline, HT2 etc etc etc....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Focus Cayo Pro
    Cotic Soul custom
    Merida Cross 4
    Planet X Dirty Disco custom cyclocross
    Tern D8 clown bike
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Motley13 wrote:
    Currently im building up a On-One Inbred singlespeed out of new and old parts but one thing i am stuck on is the cranks. The only old one i have are worn to hell and and unusable so i need a new set of cranks soo does anyone know of a decent set of single speed cranks with 38 or more teeth one??
    cranks hardly wear. just fit a suitable new ring to your current cranks.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    is it for off road or on road? for an inbred you may be best to get a cheap shimano triple off ebay and buy a SS chainring, bolt it to the middle position and bobs yer uncle

that planet X one is a road chainset with a bigger gear than 38t
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    nicklouse wrote:
    Motley13 wrote:
    cranks hardly wear. just fit a suitable new ring to your current cranks.
    Unless they are rivetted!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.