Thursday Morning Thread

angry_bird
angry_bird Posts: 3,786
edited August 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning bumders

I'm seriously getting fed up of Thursdays, it's far too close to Friday to be a good day, everything about it reminds me that it's nearly Friday, but not quite so can't look forward to the weekend yet.

Today is hopefully horsey stuff, yesterday they didn't have much on so ended up with mostly small things which I'm fed up with now.

TTFN

Comments

• Morning Losers!

I had a lie in today, which was very welcome! I have First Aid training over the next 2 days, which is nice because it's being held somewhere outside of work. This pleases me.

Went for a walk yesterday (a real one) and found some possible nice trail that needs exploring with the bike. It's always good when you see a sign saying "can cyclists please dismount over this bridge", which to me is a challenge!

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    Morning to all

Thursday is the worst day of the week for me, I do a long day in the clinic, first appointment at 8 last one at 7 and I've just noticed I have not given myself a break all day. I'm going to be one very grumpy bloke by tonight.

Have a good day all :D
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning,

Off today so am off to Cannock for a ride. Dropping off a frame/fork/wheel combo I've sold on the way then splitting the 29er when I get back as I've sold the main bits of that yesterday.

Tonight will involve wheel & fork shopping as finally pick up my new frame on Tuesday.

Best get busy!
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' ringpieces,

Work, work and then helping a mate move the mother of all childrens playhouses from a pub to his backgarden.

I may take his old playhouse away. You know. To use as bait.

Onwards!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

i'm still in immense amounts of pain when the pain killers wear off. the bruise currently runs from my waist right the way down to besides my knackers...i'm so glad I didn't land on my knackers though :lol:

so today I will mostly be trying to look busy at my desk. gutted as tonight is ride night and I haven't even been out on my new bike yet :x

laters
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Mornin throbbers

Nice commute in the new dayglow lycra today - worth every penny (ish)

Today is meetings and then a chilled night, can't visit the pub every night this week. I also need to warn the kids about Clank (again)
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    I had a really good sleep last night so I’m feeling in a good mood this morning. I don’t know how long this will last but I’ve been in work for an hour so far and nothing or no one has annoyed me yet.

New bike gear, for the other bike, arrived yesterday. I’m well pleased with it and the fit is near perfect. It feels a bit odd on the bike but it will just take some wearing in.

Got another package to pick up at the post office tonight then I’m just going to chill out for the evening.

I’ll be off now to hassle HR about minion recruitment timescales again.

Later……
  • xmadxmoex
    xmadxmoex Posts: 135
    Morning all,

Last day off work today on paternity then back on my final 4 shifts before i start my new job on 27th

Might take youngest out on his balance bike later to get out again.

Onwards to Coffee and sunshine.
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Morning goat starers...

I'm feeling burnt out and generally shite, so time otb is required, I may placate myself with a new set of forks - 29er revs @ £274... anyone got a CR voucher going begging?
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Morning losers.

Lying on the bed of a 5 star hotel after eating almost an entire pig. Shortly off to turn last night's five course tasting menu into compost, then off to a spa for some fruity pampering
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,509
    welshkev wrote:
    i'm still in immense amounts of pain when the pain killers wear off. the bruise currently runs from my waist right the way down to besides my knackers...i'm so glad I didn't land on my knackers though :lol:
    Sounds painful, when I bust my hand at CC last year, the handlebar managed to dig a decent gouge out my upper leg - 3 inches higher and I'd be talking in a high pitched voice now.

Work is too busy as I'm off on holiday on Saturday morning and still have shed loads to do. But I am getting a free dinner and booze up tonight as I'm a potential client for some one. Tomorrows ride in should be slow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Afternoon,

good day off witha big ride yesterday.

today work meh... but free food nom.

laters
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Brilliant ride at Cannock today, so green and overgrown it was like riding somewhere new.

Looks perfect for dogging.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    ste_t wrote:
    Brilliant ride at Cannock today, so green and overgrown it was like riding somewhere new.

Looks perfect for dogging.

That's that sorted, then. I'm going Saturday.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.