B'Twin Triban 5
  • trooperk
    trooperk Posts: 189
    Giro Feature Helmet
    Specialized-The clitoris of bikes.
  • Thanks!
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Looks mint on him. Mine makes me look like a n0b.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    prawny wrote:

I have never been able to find a lid that does not make me look like a nob, the best I have found is the giro hex
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • prawny
    Sarnian wrote:
    prawny wrote:

I have never been able to find a lid that does not make me look like a doorknob, the best I have found is the giro hex

To be fair to Giro I look like a n0b without a helmet on :lol:
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • p44cmb
    p44cmb Posts: 124
    FWIW... in case the OP is looking to buy one. I changed from a Hex to a Feature at the beginning of this year and love it.
  • prawny
    p44cmb wrote:
    FWIW... in case the OP is looking to buy one. I changed from a Hex to a Feature at the beginning of this year and love it.

Yeah, meant to say, me too. I've got a Met Sine Thesis for on the road, and I honestly cant tell a major difference in cooling between the two, maybe would if I was bald but otherwise the Feature is plently cool enough without loads of vents. Bit of an arse to strap a torch to though.
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • p44cmb wrote:

Need a new helmet and want something a bit more vented than my Urge... Considering either this (now I know what it is!) or a Bell Super.
  • prawny
    I'd say the super would be better vented, but you can pick Features up for hald the price of the bell. I'd get another one. Unless I won the lottery and could get a poc, I think they look ace.
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    As long as you get one that fits right... decent fit = decent protection
    I smashed up a full face lid this year, o'neal airtech MX type lid, well made and pretty bulky. People kept telling me that I was stupid to buy another seeing how I smashed the first up. Truth is, any lid would have gone the same way, I'm just glad it was a £110 O'neal lid and not a £300 TLD D3 like a lot of people I know wear.
    It's worth spending enough that the lid protects you well, but don't go nuts, especially if there's a chance you might just ruin it, so long as it does the job.
    (If none of that made any sense, I'm trying to say, don't get the Bell if it's twice the price. Giro looks like a decent lid.)
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5