Long time no see! So... Wheres the beer?

steve45
steve45 Posts: 2,503
edited August 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Sorry mods not sure if this is the right place for this thread or if its better suited for the crud catcher, please shift it if you need to.
But down to business. Wow, things have changed in my absence...

Recently returned to the wonderous world of biking after an "extended" break, distracted by Job, cars, beer, women and just life in general, but this time i'm back to stay, its been difficult to fit riding in between work and other commitments but I'm sticking to a motto of "make time, not excuses". slowly but surely, I'm picking up where i left off, in fact somehow, somewhere, i think i managed to find some skill in my time away, either that or a pair of balls :wink:
Built up a new DH bike at the start of july, should never have stopped riding, it feels like purpose has been restored to my life again, didnt realise how much i missed it till i started again.

so whos still here from the old style forum? nice to see a few names i recognise already.

Comments

• YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Who the fark are you?

Welcome back.
  • steve45
    Cheers dude, unless you are a rejoin, i very much doubt you will have seen my sorry ass round here before :wink:
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Depends, I used to be on the very very very very old MBUK site, late nineties or so, but can't remember what my "handle" was (all internet geeks talked like that back then). Then I rejoined the new MBUK forum, then that changed to this, then I got banned, then they let me back in. so I've been around a while longer than 2012!
  • steve45
    Hahaha colourful past then i see! I've probably seen you around here over the years then!
  • Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    steve45 wrote:
    Sorry mods not sure if this is the right place for this thread or if its better suited for the crud catcher, please shift it if you need to.
    But down to business. Wow, things have changed in my absence...

Recently returned to the wonderous world of biking after an "extended" break, distracted by Job, cars, beer, women and just life in general, but this time i'm back to stay, its been difficult to fit riding in between work and other commitments but I'm sticking to a motto of "make time, not excuses". slowly but surely, I'm picking up where i left off, in fact somehow, somewhere, i think i managed to find some skill in my time away, either that or a pair of balls :wink:
    Built up a new DH bike at the start of july, should never have stopped riding, it feels like purpose has been restored to my life again, didnt realise how much i missed it till i started again.

so whos still here from the old style forum? nice to see a few names i recognise already.

Welcome back, how long you been gone, had a fare bit of absence myself the passed couple of years due to work and other things
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • steve45
    about 5/6 years i think, i popped back for a post or 2 in that time, but yeah went without riding for quite some time.
    been trying to make up for that lack of riding, been revisiting all the old riding spots whilst visiting my parents on leave, quite disappointing to see most of them overgrown and unused. Kinoull is still there though and now a proper forestry commission bike park.
    heading further afield this weekend, hopefully heading for Fort William.
  • Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    It's been like that for me the past couple of years on the riding front, very little time 2011-2012 due to long not so nice summer holidays could very rarely get out the bike but got back into things the start of this year, not going to through 20 years of riding away :D I to had a bit of a shock when I saw the new forums
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Depends, I used to be on the very very very very old MBUK site, late nineties or so, but can't remember what my "handle" was (all internet geeks talked like that back then). Then I rejoined the new MBUK forum, then that changed to this, then I got banned, then they let me back in. so I've been around a while longer than 2012!
    even i cant remember who this untc was.
    and i might just put this in the crud catcher
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • steve45
    Cheers Nick :wink:
    Probably better suited here. You still got that mental mini?
  • nicklouse
    steve45 wrote:
    Cheers Nick :wink:
    Probably better suited here. You still got that mental mini?

hell yes. but in a new country now.

and built some mad bikes and stuff.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Mental mini? What's it got, two bike engines in the back?
  • nicklouse
    206295_5426478170_6211_n.jpg
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    nicklouse wrote:
    206295_5426478170_6211_n.jpg

aaahhh isn't it cute :lol:
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Did you just call him an "it"?