Offroad in Cyprus

gt-arrowhead
gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
edited August 2013 in Your pics and vids
While i was out on holiday in Cyprus i saw this Giant Granite hanging up in my grandads shed. I know its old and rigid but still...i wanted to get riding! So i took it out of the shed and pumped up the tyres and that was it, no adjustments or care. It has been in there for years and i was actually shocked to find that everything was working perfectly well. Gears and brakes were fine. It did need a bit of lube on the chain though... Grandad ended up buying a new inner tube and tyre for the rear as i got a puncture and the sidewalls were coming apart.

After that i went for a bit of offroading around near the farms and old building sites on the outside of the town. Really had fun on this bike. Where i was riding was quite rough, for example the dried up river bed. So it was alot of fun. Going downhill on the dirt tracks was just as fun. On the way home i got challenged to a race by some people that were my age, that was a bit of fun too. They were expecting to beat me, probably because my Turkish is really crap and i sound a bit like a person with a mental disorder while trying to speak it...they got thrashed anyway. lol!

Anyway, a few pics:

IMAG0067_zps74de6fd5.jpg
IMAG0068_zps09c89ee1.jpg
IMAG0069_zpsebfde225.jpg
Crudders sign for you too...:D
IMAG0070_zps4aa294aa.jpg
IMAG0071_zps5799b328.jpg
IMAG0072_zps00c0750c.jpg

Comments