Moda intro - Help

mscaputo
mscaputo Posts: 3
edited August 2013 in Road beginners
Hi Guys,

I'm fairly new into the road cycling game - Having only really purcahsed through the Cycle to work scheme. After previously owning a Norco Valence, i went and bought a Moda Intro, so try and progress my riding.

Now i know that not all bikes are the same, but the Moda feels alot smaller than the Norco; For example, the top tube is a lot lower than what i had on my old Old bike (That was a 56cm Frame, this frame is quoted as being Medium/Large)

Aside from raising the seatpost (Apologies my knowledge is incredibly limited) Does anybody have any suggestions as to how to make my ride a little easier? Currently i feel that my legs are 'too bent' whilst cycling.

Cheers,
Mitch

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Look on Internet for saddle height guide and adjust accordingly. It sounds as if the Moda is a compact or semi-compact frame so the seat post will look to be very long, there is usually a maximum height mark on the seat post so do not go beyond this guide.
  • Thanks very much for the advice - Fingers crossed this works - If not, is there anything else i could try, i.e. raising the handlebars?
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    If you wish to and you have spacers above the stem then yes. Your stem often has a bit of an angle to it - so flipping it over can often raise or lower the bars.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Raising the bars will not help with your legs feeling too bent.