Tuesday Morning thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited August 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

I am back, sadly. Was in bed at 9:30 last night and had a great sleep, though could have done with a bit longer. I'm tired as my friend was stung by a wasp on her little toe at 2am, and she was still in agony at 4am with me trying to help. Needless to say, the 3 hours sleep meant yesterday was painful.

Now I'm back to work, and not looking forward to it. Meh.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning cockmunchers

Day 2 of horse meh today. Mostly spent sat in a car driving around Derbyshire, much better than being stood up all sodding day. Possibly tennis this evening depending what time I finish.

TTFN
  • GT Destroyer
    GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
    now then....33 miles already ridden this morning, up at 4, out for half 4 back at half 6, ready for work at 7, job done. I just realised that there are no traffic lights on any of my routes I go on...weird.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    meh

working until I went to bed = shoot sleep

Today is more of the same. Bright side the new au-pair looks better than any picture of GTs mum I have seen
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    matthew h wrote:
    meh

Today is more of the same. Bright side the new au-pair looks better than any picture of GTs mum I have seen

Pictures please!

Morning twunts

Sat outside some tyre place waiting for them to open to get get three new tyres for the trailer for the summer hols to France! So well worth a bit of pain. Then another day of golf!

Ttfn.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

I purchased a new bike yesterday (well new to me :))

I've got a santa cruz nomad and very nice it is too 8) I've just got to swap a few bits from my cove over to it and then it's ready to go :D

early finish today and I've done most of my work already....laters
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning all,

I have just booked tomorrow off, going for a long ride :) see if i feel like coming back after.

Today is free food and jsut get through the day at work, then prep my stuff ready to go tomorrow.

Later back door troopers.
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    It's been a busy start to the day. A pile of paperwork to get through but not most of it is done.

Badminton last night was good but very hot inside the sports hall. Swimming tonight to look forward to and maybe a package or two in the post as well.

Got the last week of the month off so now I just need to decide what to do and where to go.

Later......
  • tlw1
    bg13 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    meh

Pictures please!

I will sort that at some point :wink:
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Work yuck continues with a minion thinking that holiday is permitted.

Spent a fortune in Jo Malone last night. I got distracted while shoe shopping... but at least I smell nice.

Bridezilla has yet again upset the mothership with more ridiculous requests. Ops... Apparently I have to choose a style for my hair for the day so that the hairdresser can try and make my hair do what it is told on the weekend at the practice appointment.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,547
    now then....33 miles already ridden this morning, up at 4, out for half 4 back at half 6, ready for work at 7, job done. I just realised that there are no traffic lights on any of my routes I go on...weird.
    Are there any traffic lights anywhere in Orkney? Come to think of it, is there any traffic?

Afternoon Cruddees,

Day started well with me setting a personal best for my commute into the office this year - Kent to near Regents Park in 49 minutes is quite good given my low standards and the gazillions of traffic lights on the way in. No chance of matching that on the way home tonight though.

I am now having a big lunch to fuel up. The rest of the day will involve too much work unfortunately...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • welshkev
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    [
    Day started well with me setting a personal best for my commute into the office this year - Kent to near Regents Park in 49 minutes is quite good given my low standards

bloody hell mate :shock:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,547
    welshkev wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Day started well with me setting a personal best for my commute into the office this year - Kent to near Regents Park in 49 minutes is quite good given my low standards

Officially I live in Kent but I'm only a mile or so from the edge of SE London postcodes, so it's not like I'm setting out from the middle Yokelville. Ride is about 12 miles give or take. Sounds good though, doesn't it :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • welshkev
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Officially I live in Kent but I'm only a mile or so from the edge of SE London postcodes, so it's not like I'm setting out from the middle Yokelville. Ride is about 12 miles give or take. Sounds good though, doesn't it :P

yeah, my mate lives in faversham, I thought you'd be coming from somewhere like that :lol:
  • Thewaylander
    Guys at work have got me an up lift day at bikepark Wales that's pretty cool.
  • tlw1
    Guys at work have got me an up lift day at bikepark Wales that's pretty cool.

In exchange for what? :)
  • Thewaylander
    getting old.
  • GT Destroyer
    GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Are there any traffic lights anywhere in Orkney? Come to think of it, is there any traffic?

Afternoon Cruddees,

Day started well with me setting a personal best for my commute into the office this year - Kent to near Regents Park in 49 minutes is quite good given my low standards and the gazillions of traffic lights on the way in. No chance of matching that on the way home tonight though.

I am now having a big lunch to fuel up. The rest of the day will involve too much work unfortunately...

I actually don't think I have seen any traffic lights at all, I am in Stromness, and certainly none here, but I sometimes ride out into Kirkwall which is the "bigger" place if you like, and there aren't any there either from memory, I did have to stop at some temporary lights on Saturday's ride, stopped to see if they would change straight away, whilst the car drivers were all stuck as to what to do when faced with three different coloured lights arranged in a vertical line....ha!

and still waiting for my package from wiggle