Sun 8 Sept - Shakespeare AUTUMN 100 at Stratford

robgul
robgul Posts: 1,651
100 miles or 100 km Shakespeare AUTUMN 100 ride - at Stratford-upon-Avon - challenging course (new for 2013) in the Cotswolds, two great feed stations, lots of free car parking, Strava, post-ride massage - and a great jersey. All proceeds to Macmillan Cancer Support.

Our Shakespeare SPRING 100 in April received a rave review in Cycling Weekly.

Online entry with secure payment at http://www.shakespeare100.org.uk

[100 miler is close to a sell-out (again) enter soon to ensure a place.]

Rob
Volunteer Event Organiser

Comments

• chiark
    chiark Posts: 335
    I completed this yesterday - my first century! Aim was to get around rather than storm the course, and I managed it. Even had a bit left to push for the last 10 miles.

The course was very good, with a couple of real sods of hills, but overall not too much climbing and a mostly downhill or flat last 20 miles. Very well signposted, and the GPX file provided was perfect, too. Outstanding 2 feed stations, including sausage sarnies at the second, and very reasonable prices. I really enjoyed this, kudos to everyone involved in the organisation, execution and support.

I'll be back next year, and I would wholeheartedly recommend this event.
    Synapse Alloy 105 / Rock Lobster Tig Team Sl
  • chiark wrote:
    I completed this yesterday - my first century! Aim was to get around rather than storm the course, and I managed it. Even had a bit left to push for the last 10 miles.

The course was very good, with a couple of real sods of hills, but overall not too much climbing and a mostly downhill or flat last 20 miles. Very well signposted, and the GPX file provided was perfect, too. Outstanding 2 feed stations, including sausage sarnies at the second, and very reasonable prices. I really enjoyed this, kudos to everyone involved in the organisation, execution and support.

I'll be back next year, and I would wholeheartedly recommend this event.

Thanks - that's great to hear! Feedback so far is very positive - we had some changes forced on us at the venue this year (they've built a new railway station since last time!!) that caused a few problems but we're on the case.

Sending the feedback via our website would be appreciated as the team DOES look at and act on it to try and improve each year's event

Rob - the volunteer event organiser