Scott High Octane?

samcrooks
samcrooks Posts: 4
edited August 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi All,

Am looking at getting myself a new trails weapon and branching out into downhill, found this on ebay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/scott-high-oc ... 3a83709cdb

how much should I expect to pay? is this bike any good? solid setup?
all advice will be appreciated.

Thanks Crooks

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    not much of a trail bike good at FR and DH. does it come with the and whatever you feel is right.

ask about the head tube spanner. the alternative rear shock bracket and the alternative headtube insert.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    It's not a trail bike, and I avoid anyone who mentions minor easy to sort out problems without sorting them out.

But at least it has 44 chainrings, which should give 396 gears, give or take.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    As Cooldad alludes to above, if the seller can't be arsed repairing minor issues then I wouldn't expect it gets general maintenance. I'd expect lots to go wrong.
  • he spent £170 on a tyre?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Functionally illiterate I would say.
    But nice of him to include a pic of the dent if you buy it - you could frame it.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Ive seen the bike in person and there is no play in the headset and having very closey seen the welds around the head set, it all appears solid. The brakes are my real concern, in relation to the £170 tyre typo, that money was spent on a new bottom bracket.
    How does the bike stack up a downhill / free ride product?
  • nicklouse
    fine just dont cycle up any long hills,
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • nicklouse
    my old one in DH mode

p4pb396898.jpg
  • Also how does the carbon 'seat' section hold up to abuse?