Sold.

vneilv
vneilv Posts: 98
edited June 2021 in Your road bikes
Sold.

Comments

• Really nice bikes these, I had the dura ace version when they first came out. Think I'd level that saddle and point those bars down a bit mind :wink:
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Finlaz22
    Finlaz22 Posts: 169
    Would love a caad10 specced out like that! :) how does it ride?
  • vneilv
    Really nice bikes these, I had the dura ace version when they first came out. Think I'd level that saddle and point those bars down a bit mind :wink:

I think it's more the angle of the photo but the seat does tilt up ever so slightly. For some reason I find it much more comfortable!
  • vneilv
    Finlaz22 wrote:
    Would love a caad10 specced out like that! :) how does it ride?

It's great. It flies up hills, the wheels are probably what makes it so comfortable. It's stiff where it matters and when you want to get a move on the power transfer seems effortless. It's the bike I've always wanted.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    If the bars and saddle were sorted this would look stunning.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Myersng
    Myersng Posts: 25
    That is a fine looking machine !!
  • NapoleonD wrote:

I'm still undecided on the tan sidewall of the tyres
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    NapoleonD wrote:

This.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • doug5_10
    doug5_10 Posts: 465
    declan1 wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

This.

+1

I would try and get finishing kit with plain white graphics, the red stripe on the stem clashes slightly. Tan walls make everything look better! Superbly kitted steed.
    Edinburgh Revolution Curve
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/1920048
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    That's a fantastically put together rig! So nice to see a 'Dale with Campag, it's such gorgeous componentry that it really lifts the look of bikes such as this (and any white Canyon frame of course). It's sad not to see Campag anywhere in Cannondale's line up since Liquigas swapped to Sram 2-3 years ago.

Your 'bars are fine to my eye, not sure what others mean. The saddle does look like it needs a date with a level gauge.

The wheels are nice but depending on your weight I wonder if they're over-/conservatively-built?
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • vneilv
    I would try and get finishing kit with plain white graphics, the red stripe on the stem clashes slightly. Tan walls make everything look better! Superbly kitted steed.

I thought this as well at first but I've grown to like the red on the stem and post. I hate bikes that have all the bits colour-coded but with the little bits of red on the campag it kinda matches up.
  • vneilv
    That's a fantastically put together rig! So nice to see a 'Dale with Campag, it's such gorgeous componentry that it really lifts the look of bikes such as this (and any white Canyon frame of course). It's sad not to see Campag anywhere in Cannondale's line up since Liquigas swapped to Sram 2-3 years ago.

Your 'bars are fine to my eye, not sure what others mean. The saddle does look like it needs a date with a level gauge.

The wheels are nice but depending on your weight I wonder if they're over-/conservatively-built?

I weight 73kg so when I went to see Strada they suggested that the 24/28 combo would be better in terms of bombproof-ness and less truing. I'm guessing the weight difference between 20/24 & 24/28 wouldn't be that much anyways.