First Road Bike

robbo016
robbo016 Posts: 2
edited August 2013 in Road beginners
New to forum - keen MTB for a few years, looking to get hold of a good entry level road bike so I can train for some sprint triathlons etc..nothing to serious or costly at this stage..

been recommended a Specialized Allez Sport - anyone any opinions on this bike or suitable alternatives? Don't really want to go beyond £750...

Cheers

Comments

• That's not a bad choice. Friend of mine rides a Specialized Secteur and swears by it. Also generally recommended in that price bracket is the Trek 1.2 - make sure you get the new 2014 version!
  • http://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-5-roa ... 39801.html

read up on some reviews on the Triban 5 mate, 5 stars all round, comparatively better than more expensive bikes and if your only starting out then why spend loads. I've got the triban 3, the even cheaper one, and it's brilliant. Done over 1000 miles in about 5/6 months, mostly short commutes but a few 30/40/50/60 miles on it, club runs, doing the manchester 100 on it in a few weeks. Belter bike for the price.
  • snowjho
    snowjho Posts: 108
    I'd probably buy the best giant defy i could afford. The frame is so highly rated. The "3" seems to come in under budget.

The VFM choice is the triban.
  • Baby Trek
    Baby Trek Posts: 118
    I have the Trek 1.2 and it has been brilliant.