Monday and back to life

ste_t
ste_t Posts: 1,599
edited August 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning,

A 13 hour journey home, 4 hours sleep and up for work. I'm not sure a 16 hour shift is what I need today!

Laters

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Ooo, tough day for ste-t!

Mornin' window lickers,

A good weekend was had - Saturday was a tough 13 miles overt the Malverns with Bails followed by struggling to recover on Sunday (oh yeah, this bodes well for the CC2CC!). A nice man visited my house and repaired my broadband though, which meant I was finally able to catch up with the Andorra DH (oh interwebz, where have you been!).

Sunday afternoon also saw a bbq in the depths of Bedfordshire - the very posh depths of Bedfordshire.

I'm now in work discussing plans for the week and it looks like any thoughts of a quiet week was largely illusionary!

Onwards! To coffee! And frikken layzur beams!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    ste_t - asleep in the store room already?

Morning

Great having the family back, but no-one cooked any food yesterday as we eat out - so no different to the last week!

Today is work meh as I prep for meetings, later the new au-pair arrives - so fingers crossed she is a looker, but as the wife picked her, I doubt it
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Good weekend was had but I don’t feel rested at all, still suffering the effects of all the sporting efforts.

Second week in charge so it’ll be a busy one again but plenty of things to look forward to as well.

Week 2 of weight loss regime going well but I do miss getting H’d now and again.

Onwards to meetings, spreadsheets and bureaucracy. Minion recruitment interview sorted out but they are still 4 weeks away.

Later……
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    matthew h wrote:
    ste_t - asleep in the store room already?
    later the new au-pair arrives - so fingers crossed she is a looker, but as the wife picked her, I doubt it

Pictures please, we'll judge for you.

Normality has resumed. Sat around like an idiot because not only has chief minion locked my keys in the office for safekeeping but she is also bloody late for work. Head chef has a key for the office but has also text me to say she will be late.

I vowed not to shout at anybody today yet I am struggling already.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Horses today, typically it's raining. Still I don't need to be there until 10 so I'm still lounging around. Not sure what time I'll be finishing tonight but hopefully it won't be too late either.

TTFN
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

i'm still hungover from my birthday on Saturday where i'm sure I consumed most of a bottle of sailor jerry's, 4 cans of red stripe and 2 bottles of wine :shock:

spent yesterday monging around and went to bed at 8.30 :lol:

today will involve more work avoidance and hopefully an early finish

laters :D
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Saturday was spent laying the patio and an abortive attempt to change a front wishbone on the BMW (the ruddy parts suppliers sent to right hand arms, only foud out after getting the left one off GRrrrrrrr, yesterday quieter as the rain put paid to the patio, so we went to see Wolverine (Tao is FIT!).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Evening lady girls..

Good weekend had, fettled with the bike on sat in the sunshine, sunday went for a ride splashed through puddles and got wet which was fun.

Today is free lunch then onwards to home and might pack something. might not. see how i feel.
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    And you got to see me in a dress Waylander!

Muddy puddles while riding yesterday washed off with a dunk in the swimming pool.

Spent about 18 hours over the weekend cutting and helping make 4 bridesmaid dresses. Mine just needs some adjustment to take it in on the waist and then it's done.

I would quite like this week to be over already. One minion on holiday which means stacks of work to do and stupid meeting for 2 hours this afternoon. Low carb diet in the run up to the wedding has been put on hold for a week as I fear I may injure someone if I don't have carbs while working late.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Thewaylander
    MissCMC wrote:
    And you got to see me in a dress Waylander!

:P quality stalking skills see.
  • MissCMC
    Yeah just try not to steam up the windows so much from the outside next time!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    MissCMC wrote:

was he licking them too?
  • Thewaylander
    welshkev wrote:
    MissCMC wrote:

was he licking them too?

There are some questions you just don't ever want answered....
  • MissCMC
    I don't think I ever want to know the answer to that question!
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    welshkev wrote:

i'm still hungover from my birthday on Saturday where i'm sure I consumed most of a bottle of sailor jerry's, 4 cans of red stripe and 2 bottles of wine :shock:

That amount of booze is what Matthew H calls a lunch time drink!

Played golf all day today, i'm knackered but going to do it all again tomorrow! Getting paid to be cr4p at a sport is brilliant!

Toodles!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    bg13 wrote:
    Played golf all day today, i'm knackered but going to do it all again tomorrow! Getting paid to be cr4p at a sport is brilliant!
    I heard the womens' open was on this week :wink:

Evening Fisters,

Average day finished well - we didn't have much in the house for dinner so had to make use of the weekend brekky supplies - Full English Dinner it was then. Win :mrgreen: Luckily I'm pedalling in to work tomorrow to burn off the 3,000 calories I've just consumed...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]