crispybug2
crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
edited August 2013 in The cake stop
MV5BMjA0NTE0NDQ3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjkwMjkxOA@@._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

Peter Capaldi is the new Doctor Who.

Comments

• gmb
    gmb Posts: 456
    I'm waiting for the episode where the Doctor says to Davros "I'd love to stop and chat to you but I'd rather have type 2 diabetes"
    Trying Is The First Step Towards Failure

De Rosa Milanino :-
    http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78 ... -00148.jpg
  • lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    crispybug2 wrote:

Who?
  • Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    I suggest you try looking up one of his scenes in "The thick of it" ... Brilliant stuff ;)
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Slowly but surely the BBC disappears further and further up it's own arse, weeks of hyping this sh1te on its website and a special programme to announce it? No doubt half it's radio stations will be filling the airtime by banging on about the choice all day tomorrow...wank3rs.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Slowly but surely the BBC disappears further and further up it's own ars*, weeks of hyping this sh1te on its website and a special programme to announce it? No doubt half it's radio stations will be filling the airtime by banging on about the choice all day tomorrow...wank3rs.

Doctor Who is overrated.

Top Gear and Bargain Hunt are the only good BBC programs.
  • Ride hard
    Ride hard Posts: 389
    Slowly but surely the BBC disappears further and further up it's own ars*, weeks of hyping this sh1te on its website and a special programme to announce it? No doubt half it's radio stations will be filling the airtime by banging on about the choice all day tomorrow...wank3rs.

Preach!!
    Reporter: "What's your prediction for the fight?"
    Clubber Lang: "Prediction?"
    Reporter: "Yes. Prediction"
    Clubber Lang: "....Pain!!!"
  • Slowly but surely the BBC disappears further and further up it's own ars*, weeks of hyping this sh1te on its website and a special programme to announce it? No doubt half it's radio stations will be filling the airtime by banging on about the choice all day tomorrow...wank3rs.

Doctor Who is overrated.

Top Gear stopped being good about 5 series ago. Bargain Hunt? Can tell you're a student! :D
  • Slowly but surely the BBC disappears further and further up it's own ars*, weeks of hyping this sh1te on its website and a special programme to announce it? No doubt half it's radio stations will be filling the airtime by banging on about the choice all day tomorrow...wank3rs.

Doctor Who is overrated.

Top Gear stopped being good about 5 series ago. Bargain Hunt? Can tell you're a student! :D

After this evening's episode of Top Last of the Summer Dad's Army Being Served Gear, I'd contend we're just down to Bargain Hunt now.
  • Well Dr Who won't be running anywhere for fear of a coronary. Let's hope his new companion is proper eye candy :-)
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    Apparently this was the scene that got him the job:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjAyazqtQj8&t=2m42s
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Don't really watch Doctor Who but Capaldi is an excellent choice.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Lucan2 wrote:
    crispybug2 wrote:

Who?
    Yes, Doctor Who. (I see what you did there :wink: )
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    For those who watched, did Matt Smith seem seriously annoyed to you, refusing to look at the camera, congratulating Capaldi through gritted teeth. I suspect he didn't choose to leave.

Capaldi is a great actor, a successful screen writer and an Oscar winning producer/director. How long is he seriously going to stick with the media circus of Doctor Who
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    Can't believe such horsh*t gets so much attention. Capaldi is great but Doctor Who? C'mon - it's childrens stuff. And cr*p at that.
  • Wonder how many new words the nations kids have learnt googling Peter C and finding Malcolm Tucker?
  • typekitty
    typekitty Posts: 188
    mrfpb wrote:
    For those who watched, did Matt Smith seem seriously annoyed to you, refusing to look at the camera, congratulating Capaldi through gritted teeth. I suspect he didn't choose to leave.

Capaldi is a great actor, a successful screen writer and an Oscar winning producer/director. How long is he seriously going to stick with the media circus of Doctor Who

Haven't seen the special myself, but after asking the mister who watched, agrees that something was off.

ETA: Disappointed they went with an actor who has already been in it, but I suppose it's hardly precedent.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872

Doctor Who is overrated.

You can tell I'm a student because I missed Bargain Hunt today since I was still in bed :mrgreen:
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Peter Capaldi is a dreadful actor imo. The Thick of it was complete rubbish. Surely they could have chosen someone better. Matt Smith was better.
  • Can't believe there is so much hype surrounding a childrens programme. If only Gigglebiz gained so much press.
  • paulorg
    paulorg Posts: 168
    giant man wrote:
    Peter Capaldi is a dreadful actor imo. The Thick of it was complete rubbish. Surely they could have chosen someone better. Matt Smith was better.

Matt Smith is 50% of the reason that Dr Who has been w*** since Tennent left. That and the fact that all the good story-lines appear to have belonged to Russell T Davies who also left. The only good thing has been the quality of his assistants and TBH both Karen Gillan and Jenna-Louise Coleman had p*** poor material to work with.
    If you buy it, they will come...

...up to you and say, you didn't want to buy one of them!!!