Do i blame someone?

Rad2474
Rad2474 Posts: 162
edited August 2013 in MTB general
Went out yesterday for a ride through some local woods, not been there since the beginning of the year so thought it'd make a change. Got my first puncture in about 18 months a small panel pins multiple punctures, so i put a new tube in and thought i'd go back today it's a short but fast track though the woods and what happens???? yes you guessed same type of puncture. Now have i just been unlucky or am i right in thinking someone's deliberately put them on the track?
Either way i'll not be going back there.

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    If you run over pins and get punctures don't go back and ride the same trail the next day unless you like fixing punctures.
    Someone probably put them there, it happens a lot. Usually disgruntled walkers.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Walkers, but I blame Wiggle.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Someone who isn't walking a dog though!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    The Rookie wrote:

No, dog walkers just leave plastic bags full of sh1t on the trails and in hedges.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    The Rookie wrote:

No, dog walkers just leave plastic bags full of sh1t on the trails and in hedges.

Or they just leave the shit on the ground.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I believe bears do that, it's quite natural.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    I would rather them leave it on the ground than bag it and throw it in a hedge.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    This^^^^^^^^^^^

And I never normally agree with him on anything.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Someone probably put them there, it happens a lot. Usually disgruntled wa*kers.

FTFY
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    I would rather them leave it on the ground than bag it and throw it in a hedge.

I have to admit that I can never understand the thinking behind putting it in a non-degradable plastic bag, then leaving it there anyway. If they had any sense they'd have a cat instead though, so I guess it figures... :lol:
  • rockmonkeysc
    Some think its ok because they use biodegradable bags. They take years to degrade.
    I have a cat. I don't like it very much but it does sh1t in my neighbours veg patch and kill his fish and I dislike him more than the cat. As long as she keeps it up Tiddles can stay.