Destination X

mtb-idle
mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
edited January 2014 in Commuting chat
So I went mountain biking (yes, I know) with Trailaddiction last month to Areches-Beaufort a.k.a. Destination X and here's a video to give you a flavour of what it's all about.

Crazy Horses

Let me know what you think
FCN = 4

Comments

• mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Nice work
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • mtb-idle
    Cheers mud cow, seems like no one else did :oops:

Try this one instead from my trip to Spain

We Are Rebels
    FCN = 4
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Very good that looks like a right laugh. I didn'tmanage to watch the video when you originally posted as I was on holiday and only had my phone. Glad it came back up to remind me.
    Driving back from our holiday we stopped off in Verona and I went to meet my cousin for an ice cream. Ice cream made by a former double womens downhill MTB world champion no less. You should go mountain biking around Lake Garda then go here for the ice cream.
    She's certainly got bigger balls than I have, I'm a big jessie when descending off road.
  • mtb-idle
    Cheers Veronese,

Maybe next year you can ride to Italy? A mate of mine rode from Cheam to Borgo val de Taro two weeks ago with his 18 yo son. 1,500km over 11 days :shock: :o 8)

I rode with them down to Folkestone to wave them off as they boarded the Eurotunnel transport

03-08-2013_22.jpg
    FCN = 4
  • veronese68
    MTB-Idle wrote:
    Cheers Veronese,

Maybe next year you can ride to Italy?
    Errr, no. :shock:
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Nicely made Video......much more fun than commuting!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • mtb-idle
    Holy thread resurrection Batman!

I finally edited and posted another MTB video from my trip to the Alps last year. I would like my line manager to know that the fact I was working from home yesterday and the fact that this was finished and uploaded were in no way connected, nosirreebob.

Ballroom Blitz: an MTB movie
    FCN = 4
  • MTB-Idle wrote:
    Holy thread resurrection Batman!

I finally edited and posted another MTB video from my trip to the Alps last year. I would like my line manager to know that the fact I was working from home yesterday and the fact that this was finished and uploaded were in no way connected, nosirreebob.

Ballroom Blitz: an MTB movie

Lovely views from the ridges!
  • mtb-idle
    cheers Rog,

We stopped for a break on a little 'knob' of land and i rode further down the trail to get some photos. When I looked back i saw that we were actually perched on the edge of a feck-off drop. It's totally invisible frrm the side we were riding...

what we saw riding there

028.jpg

what I saw from the other side

003.jpg
    FCN = 4
  • veronese68
    Very good, again. I do fancy a bit of that, although I doubt I'd have the balls to carry as much speed through some sections.
    That is quite a drop in that picture. :shock: