Its amazing how quick the fitness comes back! 3 weeks on...

capoz77
capoz77 Posts: 503
edited August 2013 in MTB general
Was looking over my Strava results earlier, i've only been riding again for approx 3 weeks, took 6 months off due to other commitments.

Heres a half mile run towards the end of my ride, I genuinely struggled when I first got back in the saddle, and pushed up a lot of hills, and found maintaining good speed was a real chore, legs burning, lactic acid build up, heart rate through the roof, breathing heavy, just no stamina or power whatsoever :shock: I'd even get worst results on consecutive rides! I'm now finding loads more power on tap, huge stamina improvements, I feel like i'm seeing 3 months of progress in as little as 3 weeks. Muscle memory possibly?

prs_zps2fe2d786.png

Anyone else find this after some time out of the saddle?

Comments

• stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Nice one good to see you flying so quickly.

I am off the road at the moment because I tripped over the cat and tore a knee cartilege I really hope I when I am back on the bike I get some fitness back as quick.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    I find I get 70-80% of the fitness back with in a mouth of hard work but that last 10-20% takes a lot longer to get back.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I find it takes forking ages to come back. Which is lame, because I've barely done anything for about a month, seems to take at least twice as long to return as to lose it.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    It only takes me a few rides to get back into it if i've not been out much.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5