130mm suspension fork

stir88
stir88 Posts: 124
edited August 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi,
I have an ex 8 fitted with a stock fox 130mm suspension fork, which is now knackered so now I need a new fork. I have been on a few sites and can only find 120mm and 140mm fox forks. Does anybody know where I can get a new decent 130mm fork, any brand. If not which fork would be better suited on the ex frame a 120mm or 140mm so it roughly rides the same as it is now.
Cheers for any help.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    140mm will probably be absolutely fine, though might want to check warranty with Trek just in case. Some forks can be spaced down ie older Revelations.
  • stir88
    Thanks for reply Supersonic.
    I am not overly bothered about warranty as I have had the bike about 6 years, so think I have had good value for money. (I know trek have a lifetime warranty).
    What I was concerned about was messing up the geometry. Any forks you would recommend, not bothered about previous years models if I can get one.
    Cheers
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I know a few people who use spaced down Rockshox Revelations on their Fuel EX's
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Revelations are definitely the best for this money. I like the Manitou Minute Expert too, is a bit heavier, but great damper. (and has a 130mm option).
  • stir88
    Cheers Rockmonkey and Supersonic.
    I'll check the revelations out first, I need a 1 1/8th tube. Then I'll have a look at the Manitou's. The X fusions seem to be getting good reviews at the moment so will check to see if they are better than the ones mentioned and to see if they come in the size I require.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Worth remembering that the main suspension servicing/tuning companies wont touch X-Fusion or stock spares.
    Not sure about Manitou but you wont ever have problems with Rockshox servicing or repairs.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    no problem servicing manitous in the uk.
  • stir88
    Thanks for replies.
    I wont be looking at x fusions because of the spares and servicing issue.
    Not found the revelations in 130mm only 150mm at the moment.
    Cheers all