Helmet fit/sizing

The_Yeti_
The_Yeti_ Posts: 22
edited August 2013 in Road beginners
Hi all,

This probably sounds like a stupid question but how should a helmet look on your head (no snickering :wink: )

I cant help but feel that mine isnt right despite it fitting okay!

What do you think?

NDAu5up.jpg

Thanks! :D

Comments

• You look no better and no worse than the average roadie ( I include myself in that statement). in fact you look a bit Froome-ish :D
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Looks tipped too far to the back of your head.
  • You look no better and no worse than the average roadie ( I include myself in that statement). in fact you look a bit Froome-ish :D

If only I had 10% of his endurance! :lol:
    Me-109 wrote:
    Looks tipped too far to the back of your head.

I was thinking that myself! Damn my odd shaped head! :x

Thanks guys! 8)
  • Schoie81
    Schoie81 Posts: 749
    Where did you get it from? When I bought mine, the LBS were very good at helping me find one that fitted properly - not all helmets fit all heads! Well they didn't all fit mine anyway!

I seem to remember them telling me that the bottom of the helmet should be level (with your head straight of course..) so assuming i've remembered that correctly, yours does seem to be tilted to the rear a bit too much.
    "I look pretty young, but I'm just back-dated"
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    two fingers space above the eye brow is considered to be where the helmet should sit, yours looks like all four :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • cattytown
    cattytown Posts: 647
    Like others, looks tipped back to me.

Paul.
    Giant Defy 2
    Large bloke getting smaller :-)
  • Schoie81 wrote:
    Where did you get it from? When I bought mine, the LBS were very good at helping me find one that fitted properly - not all helmets fit all heads! Well they didn't all fit mine anyway!

I seem to remember them telling me that the bottom of the helmet should be level (with your head straight of course..) so assuming i've remembered that correctly, yours does seem to be tilted to the rear a bit too much.

I got it from my LBS! The one I tried was perfect but the one they gave me was still in the box so I guess it needed adjusting to suit my skull!
    team47b wrote:
    two fingers space above the eye brow is considered to be where the helmet should sit, yours looks like all four :D

It does make my forehead look massive! :lol: Its not really that bad! Honest
    Getting it to sit more forward (to protect the forehead) might require judicious fooling around with the Y-shaped strap junction on each side. When I get a new helmet I’m always surprised how many times I have to try before getting the straps to sit just right.

White socks work better with white shoes, and muscular calves (wish mine looked like that) look better shaved. Otherwise, you look like a serious cyclist to me!

I am not terribly au fait with fashion dos and dont's but thanks for the tip! No more black socks! :mrgreen:

The topic of shaving legs! Hmm I don't know if I am dedicated to cycling that much just yet :lol:

Thanks for all your friendly and helpful replies guys! I was half expecting to get ripped!

I called into my LBS this evening and they agreed with what most of you said and they help me adjust it! Sits much better on my head now!