For those wanting a full on road bike for commuting.....

The Rookie
The Rookie Posts: 27,812
edited August 2013 in Commuting chat
This looks like blinding good value!

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/CBP ... _road_bike
Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.

Comments

• notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    I have an SL Pro, and I really like it. I'll be upgrading it soon, but I'll always have a bit of a soft spot for it as it was my first proper road bike. The frame model is pretty old now, and larger riders might find it a bit noodly. But its still pretty good value for someone new to road cycling.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,073
    Can't help thinking they'd be better off downgrading the groupset, and upgrading the wheels, but yes, that is quite a bit of bike for a grand.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    rjsterry wrote:
    Can't help thinking they'd be better off downgrading the groupset, and upgrading the frame, but yes, that is quite a bit of bike for a grand.
    ftfy
  • pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    spasypaddy wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Can't help thinking they'd be better off downgrading the groupset, and upgrading the frame, but yes, that is quite a bit of bike for a grand.
    ftfy

Meh. The frame is what it is, its not pretending to be big brand flash. Great value for money if you want to get into cycling.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    spasypaddy wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    ftfy

Meh. The frame is what it is, its not pretending to be big brand flash. Great value for money if you want to get into cycling.
    It was never meant to be a frame for someone with
    1. a BMC TM01
    2. a Look 695
    3. a grudge against Planet X
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    FWIW, My Planet X track frame is very good indeed; definitely doesn't live up to the "Planet Flex" reputation of some of their early frames (and I'm not exactly small...)
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    rjsterry wrote:
    Can't help thinking they'd be better off downgrading the groupset, and upgrading the wheels, but yes, that is quite a bit of bike for a grand.
    Yeah those wheels loo decidedly rubbish but anyway, good value overall!
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.