Finally Friday

angry_bird
angry_bird Posts: 3,786
edited August 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning bumders

Last day of this placement today, going to miss aspects of it but not the hours I've been having to do. So, get through today and then this weekend will be bikes of some description, probably Cannock +/- road bike at some point.

TTFN

Comments

• Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning all,

today is free food then some packing today i think i will pack up my DVD's and all.

laters
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    been a long time coming this w.end.

Managed to cycle in every day - the current stats are 26 hrs & 460 miles, knackered - but thats more to do with going out every night on the ale. Which I'm obviously doing later - just got to get through work
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Reprogrammed the car’s MFD last night with the new software. It really is surprisingly easy once you get going.

Today will consist of looking busy but doing very little as is the way most Fridays. Early finish then off to play badminton for 2 ½ hours. Rehydration therapy will consist of getting H’d on fine ales.

Some bike miles will be needed over the weekend as there have been too few recently.

Later……
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    First bike commute for nearly a month today (was out the country for 2 weeks of that), felt good and 2 Strava PR's.....just need to get the MTB out this weekend now!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

didn't get out for a ride last night as I went to change my brake pads and the calipers are stuck and I can't get the new ones in :x

anyway TFIF and tomorrow is my birthday 8)

laters
  • Proutster
    Proutster Posts: 785
    Sorry, no pics of Rachel (although she is rather lovely), but here's one of a fat, old, slow, knacker with 2 proper dudes:

025cbe342df06b98a2d7cdfde3bab7e2_zps9d10875c.jpg

Great day, loved every minute of it!!

Today is pants in comparison :(
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Awesome!
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Morning All

Well done Proutster.

Today I shall mostly be packing as I'm off to Bali for a few weeks.
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • welshkev
    Proutster wrote:
    Sorry, no pics of Rachel (although she is rather lovely), but here's one of a fat, old, slow, knacker with 2 proper dudes:

025cbe342df06b98a2d7cdfde3bab7e2_zps9d10875c.jpg

Great day, loved every minute of it!!

Today is pants in comparison :(

awesome pics, big guys aren't they?!
  • Proutster
    Proutster Posts: 785
    welshkev wrote:
    awesome pics, big guys aren't they?!

Big guys but not an ounce of fat on either of them!! Really nice blokes as well, willing to talk to anyone about anything.

Rachel, on the other hand, is tiny. About 5'6" and very petite.

Must be bloody strong though, I tried to follow her down one part of the course and she was throwing the bike every. Obviously she didn't remain in my sight for too long :oops: But I did manage to learn some (infinitely) better lines than the ones I was taking.
  • welshkev
    Proutster wrote:
    [

Rachel, on the other hand, is tiny. About 5'6" and very petite.

Must be bloody strong though, I tried to follow her down one part of the course and she was throwing the bike every. Obviously she didn't remain in my sight for too long :oops: But I did manage to learn some (infinitely) better lines than the ones I was taking.

yeah my mate and his sons met Rachel the other week and got their pics taken, his youngest is 8 and she looked small next to him :lol:
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Mind you Manon Carpenter is quick and she's hardly big built (taller but slighter build than RA I'd guess)....clearly when you have technique..... Good pic though!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Just have to get through work today and then it's the weekend.

Little bro is emailing me lists of stuff he wants me to buy for him tonight to take home tomorrow.

Bridezillas wine order arrives first thing tomorrow morning. I will attempt not to drink it all before the big day although if future brother in law keeps hassling me I may drink it out of spite. My friend almost started a fb war last night with him when she asked me to make cake for her wedding and he started telling her that I was booked to do theirs alone. Ops.

Have a weekend of bridesmaid dress and bunting making to look forward to - the only good thing about this is I wont be having to feed myself all weekend. Might get out on bike at some point, probably Sunday judging by the weather forecast, so think Waylander might try stalking me in the FoD.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    aint the Bridezillas hitched yet? how much longer is the torture?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Afternoon Gimboids,

Just got the bike repaired - looks like I'd given the rear derailleur a good whack when I stacked the bike, but all OK now so should be a decent ride home. Glad I don't live quite as far from work as Matthew H, if those stats are anything to go by :shock:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    MissCMC wrote:
    so think Waylander might try stalking me in the FoD.

Do or do not... there is no try... :twisted:
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    September 7th. 5 weeks tomorrow the brother in law is (un)welcomed into the family and I get to get drunk and eat lots of food at their expense at a party in one of our fields.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    MissCMC wrote:
    I get to get drunk and eat lots of food at their expense at a party in one of our fields.

They are so the best parties
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    One is somewhat dead... Did 10-9 yesterday, and for some strange reason thought it was Friday. Much to my sadness it wasn't... Again today doing 10-9 (probably) then may well be heading to some sort of free music venue.

Work inbetween times is somewhat quiet
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Afternoon Gimboids,

Just got the bike repaired - looks like I'd given the rear derailleur a good whack when I stacked the bike, but all OK now so should be a decent ride home. Glad I don't live quite as far from work as Matthew H, if those stats are anything to go by :shock:

'only' 360 relates to home/work cycling - training for JOGLE later this month, hence the miles
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Na then!

Seeing as my friday started yesterday morning, today feels like saturday, which means getting more H'd than yesterday!

Are we getting photos Miss CMC of you in 'The Dress' looking all lady like?

Proutster, great pic mate but you have got to try harder to not let us down next time!

Toodles
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Afternoon Gimboids,

'only' 360 relates to home/work cycling - training for JOGLE later this month, hence the miles
    Still, 'kin 'ell. I've managed 24 miles this week :lol:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    MissCMC wrote:
    so think Waylander might try stalking me in the FoD.

Do or do not... there is no try... :twisted:

True, true. It takes just as much effort to try and fail as it does to do and succeed.