Milestone

Schoie81
Schoie81 Posts: 749
edited August 2013 in Road beginners
Well i've just completed my longest ride to date. Previous on the road bike was 23.5miles, longest on any bike was 27miles and i've done 30.5miles tonight. Over 2,500ft of climb and at a fraction over 16mph! I'm quite pleased with that!! :)

Decided to treat myself to chinese as a 'well done', but as I cycled home from work, and left my car there, that meant getting back on the bike and cycling the 3+miles to the chinese, and then back again! That wasn't as hard as I expected it to be! So i've done over 37miles in total. Legs ache a little now though....
"I look pretty young, but I'm just back-dated"

Comments

• Well done. Always nice when you can improve your time and/or distance. I'm about the same level as yourself albeit a bit slower.
  • Well done - this weather is ideal for adding a little bit extra on, if you'd have cycled back to the chippy for some coke you would have done 40 which should be a next excellent goal - 16mph is excellent going.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Schoie81
    Well i've added another 20miles to it this morning, and that at 17mph (not so much uphill!!)
  • djm501
    djm501 Posts: 378
    Excellent, push it a little more and you'll be able to cycle to the bike shop, stand over them while they do the 200 mile service and then cycle home again :evil:
  • Schoie81
    djm501 wrote:
    Excellent, push it a little more and you'll be able to cycle to the bike shop, stand over them while they do the 200 mile service and then cycle home again :evil:

Ha ha! If they would do it there and then and I didn't have to collect it the next day, I would have cycled there!! But if I've got to leave it overnight its a long walk home!! There are some nasty hills between me and them though!!
  • cattytown
    cattytown Posts: 647
    Nice one - well done. I look forwards to your first fifty post :-)
    Paul.
    Giant Defy 2
    Large bloke getting smaller :-)