Heads Up Halfords

Cleat Eastwood
Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
edited August 2013 in Road general
Flash sale for garmin 200 - £80
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.

Comments

• dmr180
    dmr180 Posts: 42
    Think Halfords are clearing display units at the min. I picked up a garmin 500 with HR and cadence sensors for 50 quid on tuesday.

May pop in again tomorrow on the off chance the others are reduced.
  • 20% off Campy today, + the 15% British Cycling discount
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • rattyc5
    rattyc5 Posts: 84
    dmr180 wrote:
    Think Halfords are clearing display units at the min. I picked up a garmin 500 with HR and cadence sensors for 50 quid on tuesday.

I don't comment much but bullshit!
  • houndlegs
    houndlegs Posts: 267
    Is it possible to plot a route on a tablet(nexus 10) and then upload it to any garmin device so that it will guide you?
    Or ,use it like a satnav and you enter where you want to go and then it guides you?
  • dmr180
    rattyc5 wrote:
    dmr180 wrote:

Bullshit???? well my receipt says otherwise and my 500 is currently charging from this very laptop. Thank you very much.
  • snowjho
    snowjho Posts: 108
    dmr180 wrote:
    rattyc5 wrote:
    dmr180 wrote:

Bullshit???? well my receipt says otherwise and my 500 is currently charging from this very laptop. Thank you very much.

If its true that is amazing. Sensors alone are over £50. Can you take a picture of the recipt? Might have to pop to halfords
  • dmr180
    Absolutely 100% true. I couldnt believe it myself and thought it was a pricing error. Even the sales lad was shocked it was reduced so low. He did say that he beleived all display models were being cleared to make way for the newer 510 and 810 series garmins.

Ill try take a pic of the receipt and upload it now, laptop is amazingly slow though.
  • dmr180
    Have taken a photo of my receipt but think i need to download picture resizing program before it lets me upload.
  • dmr180
    Receipt as requested,

rattyc5, are you now a believer????? :lol::lol::lol:
  • davecara
    davecara Posts: 104
    Im going to Halfords now!!
  • ToeKnee
    ToeKnee Posts: 376
    I've phoned around and few places have stock but I have managed to reserve the last unit at one store (without HRM and cadence) for £35. I'll take that even if it's not as good as the £50 deal.
    Seneca wrote:
    It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.
    Specialized TriCross Sport+Ultegra+Rack&Bag+Guards+Exposure Lights - FCN 7
    Track:Condor 653, MTB:GT Zaskar, Road & TT:Condors.
  • davecara
    davecara Posts: 104
    2 Garmin edge 500s left in the company apparently. one in Cheltenham and one in Charlton, and they cant do inter branch transfers :(
    Had to phone the Bidston Store near where I live, the goon at Ellesmere Port wasn't sure what a Garmin Edge was!!
  • snowjho
    snowjho Posts: 108
    dmr180 wrote:
    Receipt as requested,

Amazing. What a result.
  • Just a another one, they are doing the Bryton Rider 50 (rave reviews) for 229 ish but you can get the British cycling discount of 15% bringing it down to 195 which is a bargain if its as good as they say when it works!
  • pinarellokid
    pinarellokid Posts: 1,208
    some lucky people got these at £35 for the 500

200 is in stock but not as heavily discounted

800 is still £275

guessing the 200's will be discounted soon enough some more..

had a good phone round and nationally there are not any left anywhere
    Specialized S Works SL2 . Campagnolo Record 11spd. rolling on Campag Zonda wheels

http://app.strava.com/athletes/881211
  • grim168
    grim168 Posts: 482
    I got the bryton for 195 at halfords. Took it back for a refund after two weeks of bryton support trying to get the mapping to work. Garmin 800 on its way from amazon as I type.
  • Mikey41
    Mikey41 Posts: 690
    houndlegs wrote:
    Is it possible to plot a route on a tablet(nexus 10) and then upload it to any garmin device so that it will guide you?
    Or ,use it like a satnav and you enter where you want to go and then it guides you?
    You will need to plot a route on a mapping site, then download a GPX or TCX file from the site onto the tablet. Then connect the Garmin to the tablet and copy the downloaded file onto the Garmin manually.

IF you can physically connect the Garmin and IF the tablet recognises it as a storage device, then it will work. I'm not confident that it will work with a tablet.

You'll need a Micro-USB to Mini-USB cable.

The Garmin 800, however, can plot a route directly on the device itself.
    Giant Defy 2 (2012)
    Giant Defy Advanced 2 (2013)
    Giant Revel 1 Ltd (2013)
    Strava
  • rattyc5
    rattyc5 Posts: 84
    snowjho wrote:
    dmr180 wrote:
    Receipt as requested,

Amazing. What a result.
    lol!! what can I say! :oops:
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    I picked the cheltenham garmin 500! Collecting tomorrow morning! Boom
  • nickellis
    nickellis Posts: 239
    Charlton one "Gone".

Apparently it's showing as in stock on the brach computer but they can't find it. Quote "Somebody probably stole it", and "we keep them in the back". Well how could it have been stolen then you numpty.

Yeah right, I swear I saw the manager walking to his car with a garmin shaped box under his arm!
    Trek 1.1c (2012) - For commuting
    Trek Madone 5.5c (2010) - For pleasure http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o62 ... G_0413.jpg
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    Picked mine up this morning, Everything appears to be in the box. The unit needs a clean but otherwise! Ding Dong! Well chuffed.. Makes up for the years of paying well over the odds for other crap at halfords.
  • glenwatt
    glenwatt Posts: 155
    Thanks everyone for the heads up.

Managed to call customer services (very helpful guy) who after an amount of digging located one in Byfleet, lucky for me my sister works nearby and I'm now the happy owner of a brand new Garmin 500 at a very knock down price.

As people have already said we did have a couple of failures with other stores quoting stock, however unable to locate the said items. It paid to phone ahead.
    Glen

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.