Question about Tubeless with Presta valves

BG2000
BG2000 Posts: 517
edited August 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
I've had great results with my Stans NoTubes setup with Schraeder valves - love the way I can remove the valve core to top up the sealant. I also found this the best way to fit the tyres, i.e. soapy water and compressor to pop the tyre beads in place, then pour sealant in through the valve.

How do I do the same with Presta valves ? Am I supposed to remove the core the same way ?

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    You can, just it is external rather than internal, and the hole somewhat smaller.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Are your tyres that difficult to seat then? Just leave a little of the bead out, pour it in, fit bead, pump up/compressor and the job's a good 'un!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • If you got proper tubeless wheels and tyres all I need is just a track pump and have no problem if I use sealant just pour so in just before I put the last it of the tyre bead on
  • jerryfudd
    jerryfudd Posts: 343
    wayne10244 wrote:
    If you got proper tubeless wheels and tyres all I need is just a track pump and have no problem if I use sealant just pour so in just before I put the last it of the tyre bead on

same here... once you get a little air holding in there just give the whole thing a shake until there is no more air leaking noise then take up to pressure - only use the removable presto core for topping up every now and again (after letting out the pressure lol).

Dan