A small adventure and a film I made…

zero303
zero303 Posts: 1,162
edited August 2013 in Your pics and vids
Hey guys, thought I'd share this little film I made…

Last August, I started out to ride the Wales Coast to Coast offroad on Dave Buchanan's route. I was riding to raise money for charity, specifically Cots for Tots which is part of Wallace and Gromit's Grand Appeal which is Bristol's Children's Hospital charity.

Basically what was supposed to be a 24 hour attempt turned into 36 hours! Mainly due to weather, navigation, naivety and total inexperience on my part doing long A-B challenges.

I had the benefit of some filmmaking buddies coming along for the trip and this film is my story of that ride. It doesn't tell the whole story, because it would be too long and it wasn't possible to capture that story anyway. Besides, you probably had to be there anyway! Anything that's obviously live, is live, and happened as seen. Anything that looks like I probably had to go back out on the route several times to film loads of riding stuff, probably is! ;)

Hope you enjoy it anyway! It's called "When Fools Ride"…

http://vimeo.com/70842919

Comments

• paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Really nice story and great production - love it and well done for the effort.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • estecas
    estecas Posts: 1
    Woow great job dude!! Awesome i really like your film, congratulations!
  • zero303
    Thanks a lot guys!
  • WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    Well done, nicely filmed.
    How much did you actually raise?
  • zero303
    About £1600 quid including offline donations… trip was self funded unlike some package 'charity challenges'…
  • WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    zero303 wrote:
    About £1600 quid including offline donations… trip was self funded unlike some package 'charity challenges'…

Good job and at least you had to put some decent effort in to do it.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Sir, I salute you!

Magnificent effort. 8)
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i spotted dave buchanan in there, didn't he volunteer to ride with you? :lol:

great effort mate. I've passed this along to the guys who are doing the @crudctcherC2CC challenge for them to look at :D
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    That's a great video. Well filmed and edited.
    And what a ride! Well done, sir! 8)
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • I take my hat off to you Sir.

No small feat, very inspirational and to add to that £1600 for a great cause.

Congratulations.