OPQS - Transfer News...

lakesluddite
lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
edited August 2013 in Pro race
In the fottball transfer silly season, big news today is actually from the world of cycling.

OPQS have signed up Rigoberto Uran from Sky and Mark Renshaw from Belkin. Good news for Cav, he's got his locomotive back at the front of the train!

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Disapointed Uran left sky. Don't see him achieving much more than stage wins at OPQS, but then maybe he's happy with that.

Renshaw was always going to happen
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Already a thread on this.

viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12923442
  • rickyrider
    rickyrider Posts: 294
    sjmclean wrote:
    Disapointed Uran left sky. Don't see him achieving much more than stage wins at OPQS, but then maybe he's happy with that.

It's about leading GTs for Uran, not stage wins. He was unlikely to do that at Sky with Froome & Porte and Henao snapping at heels. And perhaps Wiggins of course - who knows on that one. Anyway, this move has been on cards for ages I think.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,169
    rickyrider wrote:
    sjmclean wrote:

It's about leading GTs for Uran, not stage wins. He was unlikely to do that at Sky with Froome & Porte and Henao snapping at heels. And perhaps Wiggins of course - who knows on that one. Anyway, this move has been on cards for ages I think.

I think the point being made is that he may lead OPQS in a GT but he's less likely to win one there. Who will he have to support him? I can't see Kwiatowski being happy in a support role and he has had limited support himself.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    90% of the time the reason a rider switches teams is money. And Sky have said they couldn't offer him enough.

BTW This isn't a criticism of Uran. He grew up in poverty I can't image - so good on him.
    Twitter: @RichN95