Speechless.......

MattC59
MattC59 Posts: 5,408
edited August 2013 in The bottom bracket
Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    imagesCABI7UG9.jpg

:lol:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    MattC59 wrote:

Clearly things round here are done on a complete whim, you are only allowed to see what they want you to see and say what they want you to say.

Sounds familiar...

a9cs.jpg

This is only a joke by the way, I am in no way implying directly or otherwise that there is any kind of link or similarity between BR and North Korea :)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,617
    edited August 2013
    There's a pattern emerging.

Ironically, it seems like things are getting decidedly less liberal around here...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    I want a pair of these blinkers that must be supplied to Mods.
    To close a thread asking for explanations for threads closing without giving an explanation makes me.....

speechless.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • arran77
    Couldn't agree more :wink:

<<<<

:lol:
    daviesee wrote:
    I want a pair of these blinkers that must be supplied to Mods.
    To close a thread asking for explanations for threads closing without giving an explanation makes me.....

speechless.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Look. We have 5 mods including myself.

I tend to lock stuff so nothing gets deleted. Others cba with the hassle and the incessant linking so delete it outright.

You don't know who does what and neither do I unless I go out of my way to look at the moderator logs.

As discussed in the above linked thread, if moderating gets discussed it becomes a free for all and it becomes a joke. If you want that go to 4chan.

It's only a forum. Chill out! If you don't like it, go elsewhere. You're getting upset about stuff that is off topic and could be posted on any number of other forums.

It's not up for discussion. Mods discuss modding together and everything we do is logged. If there is foul play from one of them, the others would certainly do something about it.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    @ ***** to disguise blatant and easily recognisable profanities I'll wake the Kraken (Nicklouse) to shut this gig down!
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    keep-calm-and-delete-cyberman-version.american-apparel-unisex-fitted-tee.slate.w760h760.jpg
  • arran77

I tend to lock stuff so nothing gets deleted. Others cba with the hassle and the incessant linking so delete it outright.

You don't know who does what and neither do I unless I go out of my way to look at the moderator logs.

As discussed in the above linked thread, if moderating gets discussed it becomes a free for all and it becomes a joke. If you want that go to 4chan.

It's only a forum. Chill out! If you don't like it, go elsewhere. You're getting upset about stuff that is off topic and could be posted on any number of other forums.

It's not up for discussion. Mods discuss modding together and everything we do is logged. If there is foul play from one of them, the others would certainly do something about it.

BB is for off topic discussion is it not?

It's a place where you expect to see more horseplay, tomfoolery, whatever you want to call it is it not.

The most ironic thing about this is that my thread this morning was mearly asking for an explanation of why threads get locked for no reason and then that got locked!!

Yes moderating did get discussed but I don't think it decended into a free for all or became a joke, the only joke is that clearly even BB is becoming more and more restricted and we are not free to discuss things as like you say "It's not up for discussion" :roll:

seanoconn
  • seanoconn

At the risk of being unpopular with the BB rebels :wink: , I'd have to say that's fair comment.
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:

At the risk of being unpopular with the BB rebels :wink: , I'd have to say that's fair comment.

Arrghhhh they've got seanoconn, he's turned :x :P :P :P

By the way that's got to be the first time in my life that (even tongue in cheek) I've been referred to as a rebel :lol: I like it, kind of 8)

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    arran77 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

By the way that's got to be the first time in my life that (even tongue in cheek) I've been referred to as a rebel :lol: I like it, kind of 8)
    I thought you'd like that :wink:

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah...

Down with mods! Down with mods!

How's that? :lol:
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386

If it had been locked with a reason given as to why we could have moved on. :?
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

What a relief, the old seanoconn's back :lol:

Damn it I was trying to stay out of trouble by not posting in here, oh well :roll:

seanoconn
  • Look. We have 5 mods including myself.

My issue isnt with deletions or otherwise - some sense has to prevail, but it has to be the same for all; you can't accuse someone of being a paedophile, send then PM's asking them to reign in their behaviour because you don't like being "hated" and then ban them before they can make a complaint against you - this isnt the first time you've done this, you insulted DDD in the communter section which he took in all good faith, when he responded in kind you threatened to ban him - this forum isn't your playground no matter how much your mummy tells you it is - the complaints I've made to Jeff Jones about you have not been answered or addressed - so clearly modding does need to get discussed and since emails to Jeff Jones do not bring results that leaves only the off topic areas of the forum.

I don't believe you have the authority to say what is and isnt up for discussion. If you don't like that - why don't you go a forum more accomodating to your ego.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    seanoconn wrote:
    Look...
    ... about it.

Boooo...W@nker, sycophant, dweeb, chookta, bampot, twunk...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Look...about it.

Yaaaay...rebel with a cause....(you're, still a w@nker though seanthecon)
  • pinno
    I have not had to buy popcorn for aaages, until this last week :D
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:
    Look...
    ... about it.

Boooo...W@nker, sycophant, dweeb, chookta, bampot, twunk...

You can't say that...

It's tw@t not twunk :P

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    Where have you been anyway? Even Yossie posts more than you these days.
  • pinno
    Twunk is local vernacular... I can't say what it means on this forum.

BTW Arran77: go on type a*d b*l*o*c*k*e*r and post without the asterisks, go on - I dare you.

Back to seanaidoconnor:
    Fillibuster, bashibazook, felainous feck, skulking loafing tramp, numbwit, feckwit, office clown, villanous cockney square eyed horizontally challenged shirking retard....
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408

I finished mine !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh f*ck, don't sneak up on me like that. I have been mowstly riding my bike.
  • arran77
    Twunk is local vernacular... I can't say what it means on.

Yes you can just disguise the words with symbols, the mods will never notice :wink:

BTW Arran77: go on type a*d b*l*o*c*k*e*r and post without the asterisks, go on - I dare you.

What like I did here....

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40033&t=12933958

Don't get the problem with it :lol:

seanoconn
  • seanoconn

Back to seanaidoconnor:
    Fillibuster, bashibazook, felainous feck, skulking loafing tramp, numbwit, feckwit, office clown, villanous cockney square eyed horizontally challenged shirking retard....
    If by Fillibuster, bashibazook, felainous feck, skulking loafing tramp, numbwit, feckwit, office clown, villanous cockney square eyed horizontally challenged shirking retard... you mean cool, devilishly handsome, King of the forum, I would have to say guilty as charged 8)

Oh, I think I hear your wife calling. Better run Pina
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:

Back to seanaidoconnor:
    If by Fillibuster, bashibazook, felainous feck, skulking loafing tramp, numbwit, feckwit, office clown, villanous cockney square eyed horizontally challenged shirking retard... you mean cool, devilishly handsome, King of the forum, I would have to say guilty as charged 8)

Oh, I think I hear your wife calling. Better run Pina

Which one? I'm Kenyan.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    seanoconn wrote:

That's because at the moment I'm mixing morphine with anything I can get my hands on in my drinks cabinet to see what happens and to make my back hurt less. It rocks. Just not looking forward to going to work at 6 on Sunday morning .....................