Anyone worked out a decent route back to Stratford?

Shackster
Shackster Posts: 257
And if so can you post a GPX file somewhere? :wink:

I was thinking (without any real knowledge of the areas) -

north from the mall , up regent's st, to Tottenham Court Rd (missing out a few steps)
east on a40 then a401
then turns into a1203 and a5201
then down to a11 and head east.
about 8.5 miles.

anyone got anything more direct that avoids the closures? I'm fairly sure the above will, but I wouldn't swear to it!
2011 Canyon XC 8.0 (Monza Race Red)
1996(?) dyna-tech titanium HT; pace RC-35's; Hope Ti Hubs etc etc
Bianchi Road Bike

Comments

• dandrew
    dandrew Posts: 175
    the organisers are putting bikes in vans and inviting riders to take the tube ( Green Park- Stratford ) Not the same as riding but beats all the chaos on the ( closed ) roads!
  • zardoz
    zardoz Posts: 251
    I think the vans are the way to go and while they are transporting your bike back to the copper box you can sit in the park and watch the Pro race on the big screen before catching the tube back to Stratford. I suspect it won't be a great ride back to Stratford with all the diverted traffic.
  • There are route files to all car park areas on the Garmin website to download - maybe one of those would help?
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    Just gonna wangle my way to the A11 and bosh it down there. Probably the most dangerous part of the day!!
  • Peat wrote:
    Just gonna wangle my way to the A11 and bosh it down there. Probably the most dangerous part of the day!!

+1 :roll: