Campag Gear Shifters

scoobaru11
scoobaru11 Posts: 30
edited July 2013 in Workshop
Guys, apologies if this sounds daft but I'm new to Road Racing, bought a bike a 4/5 weeks ago completed the London to Southend fine but out of nowhere my left shifter has stopped working. I've stripped it down and tried to free it off and re-attach the cable but to no avail.
Decided the easiest thing to do is buy new shifters, now the question is the existing shifters are Campag Xenons. Are these interchangeable with other Camapag shifters? Or do I have to order Xenons.

Thanks

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Unless you've really strong-armed the lever and broke the internals, it's quite hard to 'break' an ergo shifter. You could ask your LBS for a second opinion. In terms of replacements, you can use any Campagnolo shifter provided it's designed for the same number of rear sprockets i.e 9 or 10
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • scoobaru11
    scoobaru11 Posts: 30
    Thanks Monty. It doesnt appear to have sheared but under load it wont move. Cable unattached it will shift albeit not smoothly. Although as this is my first Road bike it's difficult to tell if that's normal. All my experience has been Off Roading.
    Maybe a visit to the LBS is the best move before forking out for a new shifter.