Specialized Venge - ultegra Fit Ceramic BB

Bagggers
Bagggers Posts: 348
edited July 2013 in Workshop
Hi all,

I have an issue that hopefully somebody will have either experienced themselves or knows yje solution, if indeed one is needed.

I have a 2012 Venge frame with a works ceramic speed BB. At the moment it is naked and I am planning to move my ultegra, from my current bike to the venge. The group on my current bike is ultegra that was purchased new about 3 1/2months ago. So my question is (and forgive me if its blindingly obvious), will I be able to simply move my ultegra from my existing bike to the venge and if not, what do I need to do or buy to allow me to do this. You can buy shimano equipped DA Venge's and Ultegra but im not sure it during production, any adapters etc are used.

Thanks in advanced.
Cervelo S5 VWD DA Di2
Cervelo P5 Six RED
Cervelo R5 Record 11
Dolan Preffisio Winter Trainer
Scott Plasma Ltd SRAM Red
Scott Foil Premium Di2
S-Works Venge Di2
Giant TCR Adv SL Di2
Ribble Gran Fondo built for our 10 month winter

Comments

• mattv
    mattv Posts: 992
    You will need some kind of bottom bracket adaptor to fit a shimano chainset to a Venge. Any Spesh dealer can get a specialized branded one, or wheels manufacturing make a different one.
  • Bagggers
    Thanks matt. Any idea what the adapter may be called ? Is it BB30 to 68mm ?
    Cervelo S5 VWD DA Di2
    Cervelo P5 Six RED
    Cervelo R5 Record 11
    Scott Foil Premium Di2
    S-Works Venge Di2
    Giant TCR Adv SL Di2
  • mattv
    mattv Posts: 992
    It's a PF30 I think, so PF30 to hollowtech 2 adaptor if you keep the PF30 bearings in the frame, they are like plastic top hat shape washers to reduce the axle diameter. These are about £30 from Wheels Manufacturing. If you have no bottom bracket parts fitted at all, spesh dealers can get a sleeve to reduce the size of the hole in the frame, with threads, to fit a shimano hollowtech 2 bb. These are around £40.
  • Bagggers
    Cheers matt, youre a saint
    Cervelo S5 VWD DA Di2
    Cervelo P5 Six RED
    Cervelo R5 Record 11
    Scott Foil Premium Di2
    S-Works Venge Di2
    Giant TCR Adv SL Di2