Ride London

Cleat Eastwood
Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
edited August 2013 in The bottom bracket
I think we are all in agreement that Londoners are by and large tw@ts in their own little cvntosphere but surely they've been on bikes before - virtually every thread in the sportive bit is about ride london, road cc now have a 'if you've never done a 100 before' tips thing for ride london, and the f@!@ing thing is being televised - why?

Is it cos we is so far down the crapper that they need to show some propaganda of what a wonderful unified nation we are - or am I missing something. I mean if you're going to show a sportive show one of the popular ones with great scenery - you know like the etape - not a few hours of overweight cockneys beasting a 1% hill for a KoM :roll:
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.

Comments

• chrisaonabike
    chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914
    Nah, its cos Boris has realised that you lot from the norf need a bit of culture and refinement, innit. And we're kind enough to provide it, so watch the telly and learn to speak proper :)

Love the term 'cvntosphere', btw. :D And the irony of moaning about cockneys with a Sid James avatar...
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    I shall be there on the Saturday with 8 family bikes and a tandem.

If I can get the wife, cousin, nephew/niece, in-laws and kids to sort through and off out then this will make great telly.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Nah, its cos Boris has realised that you lot from the norf need a bit of culture and refinement, innit. And we're kind enough to provide it, so watch the telly and learn to speak proper :)

Love the term 'cvntosphere', btw. :D And the irony of moaning about cockneys with a Sid James avatar...

Do you mean the Sid James born in South Africa or is there another one :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    It's a great way to pi$$ off posh Surrey types, getting 20,000 people on bikes riding through their backyard in one day :lol: I know some who were hacked off with the Olympics upsetting their way of life, so getting this every year will cheer me up :D
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    random man wrote:
    It's a great way to pi$$ off posh Surrey types, getting 20,000 people on bikes riding through their backyard in one day :lol: I know some who were hacked off with the Olympics upsetting their way of life, so getting this every year will cheer me up :D
    Don't tar everyone from surrey with the same brush......oh hang on I'm about as posh as lidl baked beans. Ignore me
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • chrisaonabike
    chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914
    Do you mean the Sid James born in South Africa or is there another one :lol:
    :D

The Froomster's a Brit so why not a Sarf Efrikan (sic) cockney? :)
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    I know what you mean. So many threads:

"RL100 - What kit to wear?"
    "RL100 - Take a dump before or after?"
    "RL100 - What if i just read the information provided instead of asking questions on a forum?"
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321
    Peat wrote:
    I know what you mean. So many threads:

"RL100 - What kit to wear?"
    "RL100 - Take a dump before or after?"
    "RL100 - What if i just read the information provided instead of asking questions on a forum?"
    Of that's what 'RL' meant :lol:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    I think we are all in agreement that Londoners are by and large tw@ts in their own little cvntosphere but surely they've been on bikes before - virtually every thread in the sportive bit is about ride london, road cc now have a 'if you've never done a 100 before' tips thing for ride london, and the f@!@ing thing is being televised - why?

Is it cos we is so far down the crapper that they need to show some propaganda of what a wonderful unified nation we are - or am I missing something. I mean if you're going to show a sportive show one of the popular ones with great scenery - you know like the etape - not a few hours of overweight cockneys beasting a 1% hill for a KoM :roll:
    Put a sock in it Northy. Us Londoners pay for your lavish lifestyle! Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Oh bless 'em all. It means that they can get lycra'd up, spend loads of money on a new bike and go into work the next day and say that they did a 100 mile (or whatever it is) "race". Just like they do in the Tour of France with "Bradley" and "Froomey".

Just wait until the next trendy thing comes up and they'll all be off doing that - I think that we should all start a national campaign to make dwarf throwing the new cycling and see what happens.
  • seanoconn
    Yossie wrote:
    Oh bless 'em all. It means that they can get lycra'd up, spend loads of money on a new bike and go into work the next day and say that they did a 100 mile (or whatever it is) "race". Just like they do in the Tour of France with "Bradley" and "Froomey".

Just wait until the next trendy thing comes up and they'll all be off doing that - I think that we should all start a national campaign to make dwarf throwing the new cycling and see what happens.
    Dwarf throwing is the new cycling?! I'm there! :D

Seriously though, have you ever tried picking up a dwarf? They're f@cking heavy! I had a dwarf friend (RIP Glenn) and when he was p!ssed (often) it was like trying to pick up a baby elephant. You'd just have to drag him and prop him up in a corner somewhere.
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    simonhead wrote:
    random man wrote:
    Don't tar everyone from surrey with the same brush......oh hang on I'm about as posh as lidl baked beans. Ignore me

I wasn't generalising. I was born and brought up in Surrey, just haven't lived there for 40 years. As you will know, some people in Surrey (and beyond) get very annoyed at having roads closed for cycling events. I believe that Surrey gets more than it's fair share of cycling events anyway, the Olympic road race, Tour of Britain, now RL.
    Races starting in London don't have to head for Surrey, they could go to Brighton.

Just saying :wink:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Cleat - try: www.rideinlondon.org its a different event entirely
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • random man wrote:
    simonhead wrote:
    random man wrote:

I wasn't generalising. I was born and brought up in Surrey, just haven't lived there for 40 years. As you will know, some people in Surrey (and beyond) get very annoyed at having roads closed for cycling events. I believe that Surrey gets more than it's fair share of cycling events anyway, the Olympic road race, Tour of Britain, now RL.
    Races starting in London don't have to head for Surrey, they could go to Brighton.

Just saying :wink:
    You've long since had any residue "poshness" knocked out of you mate. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Sean, is 'Dwarf tossing' the same as ' Dwarf throwing' or have I just been to the wrong websites? :shock: :shock: