RLS100 Post Ride Reward

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
What treat is going to motivate you towards/down the Mall?
Pint of Strongbow, or something a little more special?

I have not had a drink for 6 months so am not too tempted by alcohol, but a Bud with a double JD on the rocks chaser will probably spur me on :P

Have bought some Old Speckled Hens and red wine ready for next week.
It's national curry week then too isn't it? :wink:

Comments

• chrisaonabike
    chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914
    Carbonator wrote:
    What treat is going to motivate you towards/down the Mall?
    Getting there in one piece before 5pm.

Treat enough for me :)
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • Leesykoi
    Leesykoi Posts: 338
    Mtg the missus and some friends for a lovely meal afterwards !!!
    I like shiny bikes - especially Italian ones.....!!
  • AndypG800
    AndypG800 Posts: 33
    +1 :)
  • Anonymous
    Leesykoi wrote:
    Mtg the missus and some friends for a lovely meal afterwards !!!

Well I was not planning on drinking alone in a bar on an empty stomach :lol:
  • rich_e
    rich_e Posts: 389
    I'd like to watch the Pro race as there will be a big screen in Green Park, and then they obviously finish on The Mall as well. So probably whatever food they have available in that entertainment area, which I guess will be standard catering van type affairs.

Looking at the map, it seems like there might be secure bike parks as with the Olympics, so I suppose you could drop off your bike and go a bit further away to find something to eat.
  • davep1
    davep1 Posts: 836
    There are secure bike parks in the finishing area, but not sure how long you can leave your steed there.

I've got some bottles of Theakstons at home, but am more worried about getting back to Surrey Quays to get in the car!

I've also got a mountain in Italy late in August (Passo Lanciano, failed 2/3 of the way up last time :( ) and then the Legs of Steel in October to keep my motivation up!
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    I have the pleasure of getting back down to Surrey then straight off out to Caesers in Leatherhead. Its the next morning i am more concerned by, off to help kids with speech problems for a week doing skiing (dry slope), rock climbing and kayaking and may not be able to move.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
    Going to the V&A to see the Bowie exhibition then dinner with London based friends later.
  • IanREmery
    IanREmery Posts: 148
    DaveP1 wrote:
    There are secure bike parks in the finishing area, but not sure how long you can leave your steed there.

Open until 8pm on both Saturday and Sunday, as per the RideLondon website:
    There will be a secure Bike Park at the Prudential RideLondon Cycling Show (ExCel Centre) and at the Finish in the Green Park area to give riders the opportunity to soak in the festival atmosphere and watch the pro riders in the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey Classic.

The Bike Parks will be securely fenced and operate a ticketing system so you will not need to bring a lock. Please note that the secure bike parks are for participants only and that the London & Surrey Cycling Partnership, its agents or staff do not accept responsibility for bikes left in the bike parks.

The Bike Park in Green Park will be open from 09:00 to 20:00 on both the Saturday and Sunday. Bikes will not be allowed to stay in the park overnight, any that do will be removed. This is on instruction from the Palace and Royal Parks. The Bike Park at the Prudential RideLondon Cycling Show will be open during the show opening hours.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Mcds chocolate milkshake
  • nellie72
    nellie72 Posts: 49
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Mcds chocolate milkshake

:P
    Canyon Endurace CF SL 9.0 Ultegra di2
    Reilly Gradient GRX600
    Dawes Super Galaxy
  • Anonymous
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Mcds chocolate milkshake

They can be a bit hit or miss so hope you get a good one :wink:
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    Ben and Jerry's Phish Food
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • zardoz
    zardoz Posts: 251
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Mcds chocolate milkshake

You've set a high standard there :shock:
  • Meeting family in Green Park

Picnic with my charity (Breast Cancer Care) in the Park

Watch the pro race finish

Bask in the glory of my first ever century ride!

and +1 for the McD's milkshake idea....