Trek 1.1 with chain rubbing front derailleur

Constantinff
Constantinff Posts: 3
edited August 2013 in Workshop
Hello everyone
A month ago I bought Trek 1.1 road bike. And since the begining I have this problem. On the highest 2-3 gears the chain is rubbing in the front derailleur. And I dont cross the chan. I noticed that the two front gears are slightly curved and I took back the back to the service where I bought it. They straightened those two front gears but now it keeps having the exact same problem. I have no idea what can cause it. The bike components looks just like the one in the official site. I dont think that it is normal not to be able to use the highest speeds on the bike.

Does anyone have an idea what is the reson of this?

Thanks

Comments

• markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Can you clarify exactly what gears you are in when it's rubbing? By highest do you mean smallest on the back? And what chainring on the front?
  • The biggest front chainring with the smallest rare chainring has this issue
  • rich_e
    rich_e Posts: 389
    You could try adjusting cable tension first using the barrel adjuster. If you still have issues, look at the upper limit screw and a minor adjustment may stop it rubbing.

Only caveat is that you mentioned both chainrings being curved and the shop repaired them?
    Does that mean your chainrings were both bent? That could certainly throw a spanner in the works.