Forum home Mountain biking forum The Crudcatcher

Being eaten alive on a Wednesday

ste_tste_t Posts: 1,599
edited August 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning sinners,

Spent most of the night being dinner to the mosquitoes. Must have had one foot hanging out the covers as they've gone to town on it.

Time to get some breakfast of my own then off to the beach for a few hours, racket based games and more gin. 8)
Laters

Posts

  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,062
    Ste-t - don't burn yourself out there!

    Mornin

    Up and ready for another commute into work, which will being my weekly total to 350 miles, my legs are very sore.

    Today is work followed by more work, though at the back of my mind I think I agreed to meet some mates at the pub, but surprisingly can't be bothered. I also need to tidy ip the house before the wife and rug rets get back
  • VWsurfbumVWsurfbum Posts: 7,959
    Mehning fukwads,
    Shittyweek is still ongoing with no let up in sight :(
    Why are my minnions not cute small yellow ones? mine are mostly work shy retards?

    Anywhoo going out for bacons this morning with No1 minion and then back to the desk for a day of dealing with manager type retards.

    Toodles
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • ClankClank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' steers and queers,

    Dude, I need more sleep. Got back from visiting a friend in Derby at half midnight (thanks in part to the motorway being shut). Alarm went off at 5.50. Oh yeah, am I ever ready to face the day!

    Counting my chickens - I've another heady day in work lined up doing interesting things - hopefully catching up on some document writing I agreed to do as part of my second month objectives. Oops. Oh well. I've covered plenty of other ground since then, so I should get away with it.........

    Weather for Saturday is starting to look a bit pants, so maybe I'll get out for a blast on Sunday instead, unless anyone has anything intersting planned for Saturday. Anyone?

    Onwards! To burning stuff! To blowing s**t up! And caffiene!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

    Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • angry_birdangry_bird Posts: 3,782
    Morning bumders

    CBA with this meh anymore. At least after this week I'm halfway through, and hopefully the next 4 weeks will involve being sat in a car driving around half the time which is better than standing all day.

    TTFN
  • cicatrizcicatriz Posts: 411
    Good nights sleep again and I need it to catch up on all the sleep I’ve missed out on over the past few weeks.

    Protein only breakfast this morning of salmon and scrambled eggs. It’s supposed to make you feel fuller for longer. My ‘arris it does. Breakfast was only 2 ½ hours ago and I’m ravenous.

    Parcel of car software stuff to pick up from the post office tonight then sort it all out tonight.

    Later……
  • pilchpilch Posts: 1,136
    morning joeys...

    I think I got a ticket from the speed nazis on the way to work today... the sneaky feckers changed their ambush point to half a mile down the road ffs, wasn't over by much... maybe i'll get away with it.

    A plague of fowlers on them :evil:
    A berm? were you expecting one?

    29er race

    29er bouncer
  • ThewaylanderThewaylander Posts: 8,767
    Evening ladies,

    Handed my notice in on my current room rental as had enough, now to hope everything goes ok with my flat purchase or im at my folks for a week but thats ok. Today onwards to free lunch and later boxing up all my camping gear ready to move, did the bike stuff last night.
  • bg13bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Afternoon tards!

    Ten minutes of powerpoint this morning and i was snoring!

    other than that meh!
    Loving life in rural SW France

    Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Pesky JonesPesky Jones Posts: 2,986
    Clank wrote:
    I've another heady day in work lined up doing interesting things -
    What's a heady day - a day that involves a lot of head? Good for you. I think.


    Afternoon

    Nearly lunchtime hmmm. Just ordered a load of censored for the hardtail build and am about to order a new phone so today is win. Counting down the days to two weeks off. Bliss.

    Taters
    :D:lol::)cooldad :shock: :? :cry:
  • MissCMCMissCMC Posts: 545
    Work. Yuck. Stupid people. I don't like them. How is it my fault that you have been burgled? Because me acting in selling your house and the fact that your buyers aren't ready to move yet is my fault in your burglary how? When did people decide that they weren't responsible for anything?

    Gym was hard work last night after two weeks off. Still sick of wrapping my arm in cling film to shower. Enjoying making the girls in work feel ill when I wrap the damage and pick scabs off my arm. Going to be getting some bio oil to see if that really works at reducing the appearance of scars.

    Bridesmaid dress fabric arrives tomorrow so making dresses will be the order of the weekend.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • WoodmonkeyWoodmonkey Posts: 412
    Clank wrote:
    Mornin' steers and queers,!
    That wouldn't be a revolting cocks reference of off the early 90's would it?

    Afternoon revolting cocks

    The present mrs woodmonkey decided we are moving yesterday, I now have two weeks to plaster, and decorate in the new gaff, then redecorate, lay flooring, empty and find some tenants for this place before we go on holiday! Anyone want to rent a 4 bed house in Grantham? Not gonna get much time to play bikes in the next few weeks!
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day


    voodoo hoodoo
  • Kowalski675Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    MissCMC wrote:
    Still sick of wrapping my arm in cling film to shower. Enjoying making the girls in work feel ill when I wrap the damage and pick scabs off my arm. Going to be getting some bio oil to see if that really works at reducing the appearance of scars.

    What ya done to your arm?
  • ThewaylanderThewaylander Posts: 8,767
    I think there was a ditch involved.
  • cicatrizcicatriz Posts: 411
    MissCMC wrote:
    When did people decide that they weren't responsible for anything?

    When the PC brigade came to power and decided that school sports days should be banned as they created winners and losers.
    We can't have losers can we? That would undermine their sense of self worth and lead them to question why they were not the best, fastest, prettiest, handsomest etc (delete as applicable) as Mummy and (if around) Daddy had told them all their life.
    We can't have winners because that would give them reassurance that they were better, faster, prettier, handsomer etc (delete as applicable again) at something than somebody else was.
    And so the feckless then grew up believing that everything was always somebody else's fault and somebody else should take the blame for their stupidity.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,556
    Evening Mongs,

    Cycling tomorrow after over 2 weeks of going without. This makes me happy.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rglinianyrgliniany Posts: 753
    Woodmonkey wrote:
    Clank wrote:
    Mornin' steers and queers,!
    That wouldn't be a revolting cocks reference of off the early 90's would it?

    Afternoon revolting cocks

    The present mrs woodmonkey decided we are moving yesterday, I now have two weeks to plaster, and decorate in the new gaff, then redecorate, lay flooring, empty and find some tenants for this place before we go on holiday! Anyone want to rent a 4 bed house in Grantham? Not gonna get much time to play bikes in the next few weeks!

    http://www.kdkprankcalls.com/soundboards/movies/full_metal_jacket.swf

    8)
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

    That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

    URL Pinkbike
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,062
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Evening Mongs,

    Cycling tomorrow after over 2 weeks of going without. This makes me happy.

    Great news
  • The RookieThe Rookie Posts: 27,676
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Cycling tomorrow after over 2 weeks of going without. This makes me happy.
    Yeah but did you get much cycling in that 2 weeks......

    Thread title just made me think ....

    Ah ah ah ah eaten alive, eaten alive, ah ah ah ah eaten aliiiiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeee!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,556
    The Rookie wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Cycling tomorrow after over 2 weeks of going without. This makes me happy.
    Yeah but did you get much cycling in that 2 weeks......

    Thread title just made me think ....

    Ah ah ah ah eaten alive, eaten alive, ah ah ah ah eaten aliiiiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    Wondered who'd pick up on that :P

    I made it in but found out just after starting out that the indexing is totally fubarred - the rear derailluer must have had a knock when I stacked it. First three gears are totally unuseable so the hills were fun.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Pesky JonesPesky Jones Posts: 2,986
    cicatriz wrote:
    MissCMC wrote:
    When did people decide that they weren't responsible for anything?

    When the PC brigade came to power and decided that school sports days should be banned as they created winners and losers.
    We can't have losers can we? That would undermine their sense of self worth and lead them to question why they were not the best, fastest, prettiest, handsomest etc (delete as applicable) as Mummy and (if around) Daddy had told them all their life.
    We can't have winners because that would give them reassurance that they were better, faster, prettier, handsomer etc (delete as applicable again) at something than somebody else was.
    And so the feckless then grew up believing that everything was always somebody else's fault and somebody else should take the blame for their stupidity.


    Wasnt miss cmc ranting about how she was in no way responsible? and then says that no one accepts responsiblity anymore, I lost track after that.

    I do agree with you about the sports day thing, just can't see how it's related.
    :D:lol::)cooldad :shock: :? :cry:
  • Kowalski675Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    I think there was a ditch involved.

    That's often the way, lol.
  • Kowalski675Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    rgliniany wrote:
    Woodmonkey wrote:
    Clank wrote:
    Mornin' steers and queers,!
    That wouldn't be a revolting cocks reference of off the early 90's would it?

    Afternoon revolting cocks

    The present mrs woodmonkey decided we are moving yesterday, I now have two weeks to plaster, and decorate in the new gaff, then redecorate, lay flooring, empty and find some tenants for this place before we go on holiday! Anyone want to rent a 4 bed house in Grantham? Not gonna get much time to play bikes in the next few weeks!

    http://www.kdkprankcalls.com/soundboards/movies/full_metal_jacket.swf

    8)

    The drill sergeant in An Officer And A Gentleman used it five years before Full Metal Jacket though:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lGs-tXWpR4
  • rglinianyrgliniany Posts: 753
    ahhh!

    Im not a fan of Big Rich... dont really watch his movies... good trivia tho!
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

    That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

    URL Pinkbike
Sign In or Register to comment.