Prescription glasses

bikeit65
bikeit65 Posts: 982
edited July 2013 in Road buying advice
Where do you get your cycling prescription glasses from?
https://www.instagram.com/seanmcgrathphotography/
Planet X RT58
Cannondale CAAD 10 2012.
Pain.. Is weakness leaving the body.

HATING LIFE-CYCLES FROM 2011

Comments

• jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    I got my Rudy Projects from Vision Express. I got them to price match the frames and ended up getting the frames and Transition RX lenses for the RRP of the frames alone. Most Vision Express stores will only stock Oakley but some do also stock Bolle, Adidas and Rudy Project too.

This is also a good place to try.

http://www.rxsport.co.uk
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • chazh
    chazh Posts: 33
    I have just recently bought a pair from Optilabs. Excellent service and they were very helpful. My prescription is stronger than most other brands would deal with, so my choices did seem to be very limited, but I am very pleased with the results.
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    Another vote for Optilabs. I have a pair of their own glasses, plus I got them to put prescription lenses in a pair of Oakleys I already had and they're both excellent.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • shoddy
    shoddy Posts: 63
    Try kontrol eyewear. I bought a pair of these a few years ago and got a local opticians to glaze the inserts. I think it cost around £40 all in. I use them for road cycling, mtb, runing etc and cannot fault them. Plus they are cheap enought to not have me worring that i will lose them
  • DrDavros
    DrDavros Posts: 62
    +1 for KontrolSports.

I use their Blue smoke Gelshocks with their prescription insert. The insert is excellent - very secure in the way it clips into the frame and can be unclipped and used with another paid of their frames (I've got yellows for the winter, too). I think they do a bundle of 3x frames plus an insert for about £100. I'm VERY short-sighted, BTW (-9+), and these work well for me. Others I looked at couldn't accommodate my lenses in their inserts.

For glazing, CiliaryBlue (Google them) are absolutely excellent.